• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

best captain

open365

International Vice-Captain
andmark said:
i think Ricky Ponting
Do you really live in Huyton?

And i think that Mike Brealey from what i've heard anyway probably had the biggest impact on
matches as a captain so i think i'll go for him

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
andyc said:
Bit harsh including Taylor but not Border or Waugh.
Well for the two years i saw Taylor as Australian captain he was the & still is the best skipper i've seen. But Border & Waugh are candidates as well

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
BhupinderSingh said:
Imran Khan was a better captain than all of them.BTW,Clive Lloyd was a very ordinary captain but achieved very good results because of the excellence of his team in both batting & bowling.
Imran slipped my mind, he is probably the best skipper ever. I have never seen Lloyd but you sure he was just ordinary?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Sumantra, again, please search to see if threads are already there for the topic you want to discuss before starting new ones.

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain
The most obvious answer in Cricket : Imran Khan!

everybody admits he was a great leader and will be one :P

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
The first man, in my mind, is distinctly above the rest - Lord Douglas Jardine.

Imran Khan and Sir Frank Worrell would follow in that order, with not much to separate the two.

sumantra

U19 Cricketer
Sumantra, again, please search to see if threads are already there for the topic you want to discuss before starting new ones.
it's ok mate, i will...but tell me the harm part of the thing...we can always talk, right? if a question comes and i ask, and if that starts it all over, i see no problem dear...if it has been discussed a year back, ok, let it be talked again, we change, our opinions change, and there are new members as well...no problem in having a fresh look at it...as i can see, the last post on this topic was in the year 2006...

Last edited: