• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* SA v Bangladesh Test Series

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by marc71178
But you're forgetting Dalmiya's influence!
You mean Dalmiya influenced the ICC to accept Bangladesh into the fold before Kenya? Why would he do that?:(

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
These guys just need time and good hard matches to improve. As has been pointed out earlier all the new teams have struggled on entering test cricket. Kenya needs to get admitted sooner rather than later and I agree that Kenya look to be a better side than Bangladesh.

I just wish Australia would take on these sides and Zimbabwe for the good of the international game. They've only played Zimbabwe in 2 tests. That's poor really. I know this new test calendar will improve the situation but the Aussies should have made more of an effort to play against the new guys of test cricket.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Actually Argonaut, Australia have only played Zim in ONE Test. It's pretty disgraceful that they play the WI so often and teams like Zim less often. Watching them thrash Bang. wouldn't be much fun but hey, every team gets their easy matches so Australia should too. :D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
While Zimbabwe get only easy matches against Bangladesh...but poor Bangladesh get no easy matches...the only easy matches they could get would be against a Village team, I feel even a county squad is stronger than Bangladesh...I'm not taking the piss but Bangladesh are really weak.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Really Weak yes, but also really young.

Pick an English or Australian U21 side and see how it would compete with Bangladesh, there wouldn't be that much of a gulf. They'll get there!