• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ambrose-Walsh or Wasim Akram-Waqar Younis

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
PhoenixFire said:
In your opinion, which of these Fast Bowling pairs are greater?
Thats a very tough one indeed. At their peak, I would go for Waqar and Wasim I think. But but its not cut in stone.

Matt79

Global Moderator
I think Marshall/Ambrose, while perhaps not as together as long was an even better pair. Of course, having Walsh as first change, and Bishop in the team as well probably helped somewhat with their success.

I was looking at Ambrose's stats again the other day and was, not quite surprised, but once again appreciative of just how good he was. 400 wickets at less than 21. An all-time great. Has there ever been a more fearsome sight loping in, and then glaring down (like a foot down) at a batsman. Steve Waugh must have been insane to pick a fight with him! :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Matt79 said:
I think Marshall/Ambrose, while perhaps not as together as long was an even better pair. Of course, having Walsh as first change, and Bishop in the team as well probably helped somewhat with their success.

I was looking at Ambrose's stats again the other day and was, not quite surprised, but once again appreciative of just how good he was. 400 wickets at less than 21. An all-time great. Has there ever been a more fearsome sight loping in, and then glaring down (like a foot down) at a batsman. Steve Waugh must have been insane to pick a fight with him! :)
Yea, I would go to Ambrose/Marshall, Ambrose/Walsh, and Waqar/Wasim. But I'd take that pair in their primes vs. any one thats bowling right now (including England).

open365

International Vice-Captain
Wasim and Waquar for me.

I didn't really get to see any of the pairs in action but from what i've heard and read, Wasim and Waquar were more devestating on their day than Ambrose and walsh.

Slifer

International Captain
I would say the better pair of the two based on all four bowlers at their peak would be the Waqar and Wasim. But over their entire careers (in tests) I would give the edge to Walsh and Ambrose.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
What about Blessing/Prosper?

Of the choices given, I'd go with Wasim/Waqar. I like Ambrose a lot, but Walsh isn't my favorite.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
ClownSymonds said:
What about Blessing/Prosper?

Of the choices given, I'd go with Wasim/Waqar. I like Ambrose a lot, but Walsh isn't my favorite.
Thats how I see it as well. Ambrose ahead of Wasim & Waqar, but those 2 ahead of Walsh. Ill take the 2&3 ranked over 1&4

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
Thats how I see it as well. Ambrose ahead of Wasim & Waqar, but those 2 ahead of Walsh. Ill take the 2&3 ranked over 1&4
i agree, i have always heard about how fantastic Waqar was post 96 & well Wasim was always superb. Together at their best based on what i've heard & read were probably the more lethal combination.