• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would be the man of the series in Ashes?

muralilal

Banned
My guess would be Warney, he's the main difference between Australia and England. English batters still can't play Warne, and that would be the main factor for their defeat.

Which English batter do u think can defy Warne for long??? Trescothick?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
i think that it will be an aussie batsman, Hayden or Ponting

other chances would be Langer, Gilly, mcGrath, Gillespie, warne, lee (all aussie bowlers will do well :) and maybe also trescothick

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
i dont think that its gonna be much of a series

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Matthew Hayden will be man of the series, he is an awesome batsman. I dont think people realise just how good he is.
If you think he averaged just 21 in his first 15 tests, to now average 50.66 (as of his current score of 74* in sharjah)
He is hitting so many runs, its hard not to back him to win player of the series.

P.S, Aussies 3-1 with a draw.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Ill go for Ponting hes currently on 95* and Along with Hayden and Warne seem the men most likley.

I Hope Trescothick does well too.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
But Hayden struggled in England, the only country he struggled against all year...Tresco and if Vaughan really is as good as people say he is then he will continue his good form. But a weak Indian attack is a very different proposition to the Aussie one...

English batsmen will play Warne well this time, look how they have played Murali! He's really struggled against England lately and its not because of his injury...he struggled in Sri Lankia against England too...England have just worked him out.

Harmison and Jones should do quite well because of the bounce of the pitch. If Caddick fails again then I think he ought to be dropped...he's just too inconsistant! Hoggard and Gough will each need to have a good series and I think Gough is what England have been missing most! I heard McGrath targeted Vaughan for special treatment...so that leaves Tresco with no pressure...hes in fantastic form. I don't think Giles will play any part though, he will get picked but he's just not a big enough turner of the ball to trouble good batsmen...

Eclipse

International Debutant
Hayden has made runs against better attacks than englands I cant see him failing this time.

Originally posted by muralilal

My guess would be Warney, he's the main difference between Australia and England. English batters still can't play Warne, and that would be the main factor for their defeat.

Which English batter do u think can defy Warne for long??? Trescothick?
I don't know why you guys think that England will easily Lose to Aussies, England has a very good squad and will definately give Aussies a hard time, mark my word, it won't be a one sided series.

The men to watch out for would be, Trescothick, Vaughan,McGrath,Warne & Ponting.

M Waugh though will be the man of the series:lol:... Just joking!

warrioryohannan

U19 Cricketer
Originally posted by age_master
i think that it will be an aussie batsman, Hayden or Ponting

other chances would be Langer, Gilly, mcGrath, Gillespie, warne, lee (all aussie bowlers will do well :) and maybe also trescothick

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
i dont think that its gonna be much of a series
Atleast not Lee, and if all the Aussie bowlers do well then that means that England's team will be annihilated.Though i'm a big critic of English team, yet i don't think that they would fare that poorly