• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The VB Series

Sam

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Umm no he bowled well but thats one performance I think Jimy franklin is a much better bet he has some exprience and bowled so well and guved the left arm option as another dimension and looked good with the bat today. And no Shane Bond is not bowling bad liek you said he bowled some rippers to the Auckland openers.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Australia will win easy if they play to there potential NZ or SA could cause an upset but Australia would have to play at there very worse for this to happen but as we all know cricket is a funny game so who knows.

And as for Astle McMillan and Cairns making fireworks try out Gilchrist, M.Waugh, Symonds, Harvey, Ponting etc.

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
Bond is starting to bowl well. Lance Hamilton did not only have one good performence he had plenty!! Yeah good point Eclispe about the big hitting, but Gilly in the only one good at it ;) joke

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
Bond is starting to bowl well. Lance Hamilton did not only have one good performence he had plenty!! Yeah good point Eclispe about the big hitting, but Gilly in the only one good at it ;) joke

mavric

Cricket Spectator
Last year Australia won 15 from 18 one dayers. The way they are playing at the moment (& with the inclusion of Hayden) things are unlikely to change. :P

Lach

School Boy/Girl Captain
yeah mate, we're unstoppable. Shame about gillespie though. I really woulda liked to see him play as well, but Australia A is as good as anything, at least he's still gettin a bowl.

But still, Gillespie or no Gillespie, we're still gunna eat NZ and South Africa alive

[Edited on 1/6/02 by Lach]

Sam

Typical ****y Austrlians well you thought you would trounce us kiwi's in the test and we had you ****tin yourselfs on a few occasions. ;)

What will the one dayers bring - only time will tell.

apd23

Cricket Spectator
While I think Australia should, on form, definitely win the series. But, the kiwis are beginning to gain some consistency in all forms of cricket. I think if we still had Roger Twose we would be an even bet, but the openers, without Astle, are relatively unproven in this form of the game, and looks like #3 will be Vincent. So it may be a return to the wonderful early 90's of our team being 10-1, 20-2, and 30-3. In saying that though, when astle gets back, we have match winners in him, McMillan, Cairns, Harris, and Vettori..So on our day who knows...
But go the mighty kiwis

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Don't be stupid, New Zealand won't win this series..Australia are on fire and now that they are considering two lefties to open (Hayden and Gilchrist) its going to get worse, the form of some of the NZ players in the State Shield has been very poor and currently New Zealand are in a very dangerous situation with South Africa trying to rebound.

New Zealand really needed Astle to be available from the beginning and now they have two players opening who have never opened for NZ before in ODI's. I like the squad they selected, but its a very tough ask against the two best ODI sides in cricket. I think we're forgetting just who we're up against, if it was England & India i'd put NZ favourites but not against Aus/S.A, but i would also have to say that NZ have a very good chance at making the finals at least as the teams seem a little more even.

Fleming is going to have to raise his batting 120% after his rather poor State Shield innings against the average bowling of Otago & CD.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the only bowler of use to NZ in the Central Districts team is Brent Hefford apart from Glenn Sulzberger who is a decent spinner.

Hefford is building up a very good record of taking wickets and also having an excellent economy.

I hope they don't pick Hamilton or Mason, I have a feeling they may turn out to be a couple of Robert Kennedy's if they make it to the NZ team.

bryce

International Regular
yeah hefford will get a run for nz in time but i dont think sulzbergers bowling very good at the mo

sean

School Boy/Girl Captain
Typical ****y Austrlians well you thought you would trounce us kiwi's in the test and we had you ****tin yourselfs on a few occasions. ;)

What will the one dayers bring - only time will tell.
On a few occassions? Pity all of these were in the final test (ok one was in the 1st but only because Steve Waugh declared to make the game interesting!) We would have won 2-1 (Yes i think NZ maybe deserved to win the final test - but we drew it) except for the bloody weather!

Australia has proven themselves to be the number one side so credit where credit's due :)

We will win like we do every year 8D

Sam

campell furlong , hes an allrounder to
No he's not he can't bat or can't bowl no way near international level can't make an impression in State Shield.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
this may be an unpopular view on this forum but i think that the kiwi's will struggle to make the ODI finals - they have no bowling firepower - esp if bond does not play - cairns is as slow as McGrath - maybe enen a little slower and lacks the ability to attack the batsmen, Gibbs and Kirsten are 2 of the best 4 opening bats in the world at the mement - kAllis is also brilliant and i believe the Rhodes is coming out as well.

bryce

International Regular
yeah i agree we dont have any bowling firepower but the batting is in great form

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
bfore i sed not sure bout the bowling, i meant batting!

we might not have wickettakers apart from bond, cairns and co, but we have some very economical bowlers, eg Astle who is very good at slowing the run rate by bowling yorkers or bowling in the same spot for an hour!, harris is also one that comes to mind