• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 10-17 of Sept.

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

Andyc - 11000 Posts
Sanz - 6000 Posts
adharcric - 3000 Posts
TT Boy - 2000 Posts
Fusion - 1000 Posts
AussieDominance – 1000 Posts

We may well introduce a new award next week. A lot of posts this week and with the Ashes coming soon; well I can hardly wait :happy:

We would love some help, especially from someone who follows the fortunes of one of the subcontinent teams

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Aussie Dominance (Sobers and Gatting/Rana awards judge)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any nominees for the Sobers or best debate awards please let Justin know at
rusty_492 at hotmail dot com

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: FaaipDeOiad for this click here summed up a lot of posters feelings nicely

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Matt79 for this click here Matt79, first pick and you don’t choose Bradman? Although your choice was none to bad, and was supported by oz_fan

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Voltman for this click here Marc picked this one, lets just leave it at that :@

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: adharcric , Racking up the awards of late, in fine form :)

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Turbinator for this click here Not sure 0-32 from four overs, and a golden duck, done the business tbh :ph34r:

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: pietersenrocks click here
Yes, and the significance of this is? :wacko:

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: oz_fan, likes picking teams and shows a lot of knowledge with the reasons for his choices. :cool:

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: No award this week

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: brockley, does not post enough, hope he stays around this time

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: Jungle Jumbo click here Good effort, we enjoyed these. Remember it does not have to be international or even FC cricket, to win this award.

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: Cricket on your tube click here The word tube brings back memories, good debates raging on this thread

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management :)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
archie mac said:
3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: Voltman for this click here Marc picked this one, lets just leave it at that :@

Pfft. You love my advice. :D

adharcric

International Coach
archie mac said:
5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: Turbinator for this click here Not sure 0-32 from four overs, and a golden duck, done the business tbh :ph34r:
Mind you, it was 1-32 with the wicket of the #1 batsman in the world. :D
Pathan :-O

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
archie mac said:
Andyc - 11000 Posts
:-O

I didn't even realise

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: Cricket on your tube click here The word tube brings back memories, good debates raging on this thread
:laugh:

Good stuff though, congrats to all winners

Matt79

Global Moderator
Cheers, its nice to be back.

Although 'letting' someone else have Bradman was a bit of a ploy to get somebody to play the game...

FRAZ

International Captain
Thank God . Pietersonrocks ,You rock dude ..Thank you very much ..
Thanks Jeez .. Shut up critics now , No hattrick of Inzi ...

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to all award winners, members on their milestones and Fraz for avoiding the hattrick.

FRAZ

International Captain
archie mac said:
At least we know you are reading the awards very carefully Fraz, will fix it for next week
:ph34r:
Now a days I am focussing just on the Inzamam award part . Its not just a part of your post , Its part of me now a days :ph34r: ..My eyes just go straight in the middle of the award post . I have even remembered that Inzamam award line .. Good line ," What he his talking about ?"......

Last edited: