• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prestwick C.C result

Robertson

Cricket Spectator
Hi am am Craig Robertson i curently play for Prestwick C.C i was just looking through and thought i would let people know how my club did this year .

under 11's top division - 7th
under 13's top division - 8th
under 15's top division, which i play for - 3rd
under 18's top division, which i play for - 3rd
Prestwick 2nd X1 3rd division, which i play for - 2nd ( promoted ) :)
Prestwick 1st X1 1st division - 10th ( demoted ) :down:

if any body cares about unknown players you can ask me how i did for the season or my partner for opening batsamen did ??

if you care about all us unknown and uncared about players.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I wouldn't bother waiting for people to ask you how you got on - we've got an entire thread devoted to several of us telling everyone at length about our own incompetent exploits in club cricket.

If you want to tell us (and I've done enough work with kids to tell from the way you worded your post that you obviously do), fire away :)

Robertson

Cricket Spectator
thanks mate i didn't think many people woulnd care but at least one person listened .

i actually had a really good season for a change.

batting wise i ahve improved alot thanks to our pro Ameer Hanif

best results were

81 against west of scotland U 15's
56 against Ayr U 15's
53 not out against Poloc U18's
44 not out against hugenden 2nd X1
and then a few 40's and 30's for U15's and U18's

for U 15's averaged 46.3 with about 400 runs
for U 18's averaged 28.7 with about 130 runs
2nd X1 averaged 20 with about 100 runs

all of the U 15's , U 17's and U 18's were 20/20

bowling

8 runs 5 wickets 4 overs against Kelburne U 17's
9 runs 4 wickets 2.5 overs against Kelburne U 18's
13 runs 5 wickets 6 overs against lanakshire U15 ayrshire

then just alot of 2 fors and 3 fors

do you play much your self ???????

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
That depends what you define as 'play' - I run around in whites attempting to do so on a regular basis, but I'm not sure my efforts come into the category of 'playing'. I can field to a decent standard... This is my grassroots cricket diary (which tends not to get updated in summers as I'm too busy with real life stuff) and this is the 2006 English season thread (if you can bring yourself to cross the border and post in it), which covers lots of stories, mainly of disaster.

Highest score in 2006 - 18 (16 balls, 3 fours) - Exeter University 4th vs Ashburton CC
Best bowling in 2006 - 7-0-34-4 - Exeter University 4th vs Simba CC

Robertson

Cricket Spectator
haha i know lots of people like that myself i have just stuck to the old quote " practice makes perfect " thats all i can realy say

its totally different up here with the standards but i imagine our 2nd X1 wont be much different to the equivelent in england

ash chaulk

International Captain
hey craig nice scores so when you going to get that big 100??? or have you already?

if not i hope you have a unique celebration ready

Robertson

Cricket Spectator
unfortunatly no 100 yet just thay 81 from 64 balls i still had 4 overs to get the 100 but it was like 30 degrees and because i am not 18 i had to wear a helmet and not used to that heat just lost concentration haha.

and there will be some party when i get the big 100.

it will need to wait till next year as the short season over here as just finished just need to get some net practice at the extremely crap indoor facilitys at a swimming pool , its really bad as there is no money put into cricket here always hope for a holiday to australia haha.

luffy

International Captain
Robertson said:
unfortunatly no 100 yet just thay 81 from 64 balls i still had 4 overs to get the 100 but it was like 30 degrees and because i am not 18 i had to wear a helmet and not used to that heat just lost concentration haha.

and there will be some party when i get the big 100.

it will need to wait till next year as the short season over here as just finished just need to get some net practice at the extremely crap indoor facilitys at a swimming pool , its really bad as there is no money put into cricket here always hope for a holiday to australia haha.
30 degrees?? Thats nothing.

Robertson

Cricket Spectator
em 30 degrees c is like un heard of over here not much where you come from though and it is the worst rule ever

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
AussieDominance said:
not 18 and you have to wear helmets is the worst rule since underarm wasnt allowed
You can't tell me you're trying to defend underarm with a straight face...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Robertson said:
em 30 degrees c is like un heard of over here not much where you come from though and it is the worst rule ever
The ruling says that all Under-18s must wear a helmet unless they have express written consent from a parent and/or guardian. So it's not a hard-and-fast rule, it's merely to cover coaches and captains from getting sued.

In Australia its a rule that Cricket Australia have set about but has been modified a bit at some assosciations eg parents permission is allowed at some but not others.

Im defending underarm with a straight face!