• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fringe England players to play domestic cricket in NZ?

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously though, could be good options for both parties. The likes of Key, Joyce and Shah aren't going to gain that much from bumming around in Perth and they'd hardly be a world away.

Bopara despite the fact they name him as relatively unknown, bowls some pretty decent medium(often been first change for Essex this year) aswell as batting tidily. If Otago were looking for someone to replace Trott, he'd be their man.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im not sure what Dylan Cleaver was thinking when he wrote that about Clarke & Key..but anyway. Bopara plays at Essex with Andre Adams..who plays for Auckland so could be a connection there.

Craig

World Traveller
How good are Grant Elliott and Kruger van Wyk?

Would make sense I guess becausee they are only a two or three hour plane ride away (unless it is in Perth then it is not obviously).

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
How good are Grant Elliott and Kruger van Wyk?

Would make sense I guess becausee they are only a two or three hour plane ride away (unless it is in Perth then it is not obviously).
I know very little about Grant Elliott. He has had a quiet career in SA and unlikely to play any top level cricket here and by the looks of it he was in NZ last year.

Kruger van Wyk is a decent player but his opportunities look limited in SA now that Heino Kuhn is the opener and main gloveman for Titans when AB is away.

These are the type of players that will always struggle now there are only 6 main FC teams in SA. They are a combination of just not good enough, getting a bit older, and white.

I dont think they will tear NZ cricket up, but they may make decent contributions.