• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South african domestic season.

Madame*Cricket

Cricket Spectator
Nice to see the Warriors up there - who knew my team were final material?? :blink: de Bruyn, Goodwin and Ackerman really added some firepower to that squad, and I'm impressed with Colin Ingram, nice to see we could attract him back from Free State.

There are a couple of Supersport Series matches underway, the Warriors are giving the Dolphins a bit of a hiding (by their normal standards that is8-) ). They made 473/8d (de Bruyn 167, J Botha 98) while the Dolphins are 14/0.

After finishing stone last in the limited overs competition, the Titans have crawled to 46/4 at just over 2 runs to the over against the Cobras, after bowling them out for 284.

The Lions dismissed the Eagles for 357 and are currenly 32/0. I'd keep an eye on Vaughn van Jaarsveld, he played two awesome innings in the last game.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Madame*Cricket said:
Nice to see the Warriors up there - who knew my team were final material?? :blink: de Bruyn, Goodwin and Ackerman really added some firepower to that squad, and I'm impressed with Colin Ingram, nice to see we could attract him back from Free State.

There are a couple of Supersport Series matches underway, the Warriors are giving the Dolphins a bit of a hiding (by their normal standards that is8-) ). They made 473/8d (de Bruyn 167, J Botha 98) while the Dolphins are 14/0.

After finishing stone last in the limited overs competition, the Titans have crawled to 46/4 at just over 2 runs to the over against the Cobras, after bowling them out for 284.

The Lions dismissed the Eagles for 357 and are currenly 32/0. I'd keep an eye on Vaughn van Jaarsveld, he played two awesome innings in the last game.
WeIcome to the fourms, and I know, I had to endure last season at St.George's park, and it was really not pretty at all..

I've been raving about van Jaarsveld ever since I saw him in the U19 world cup, I hope he can do an AB de V..

brockley

International Captain
So what happened between ian harvey and the cobras this season because he was meant to play for them another season,was he sacked.
If so wonder the cobras may have to pay him out because i was under the impression he signed for 2 years.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
WeIcome to the fourms, and I know, I had to endure last season at St.George's park, and it was really not pretty at all..

I've been raving about van Jaarsveld ever since I saw him in the U19 world cup, I hope he can do an AB de V..
Has a chance to impress, is in the ‘Rest of South African’ side to face India next week.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
EP/Border Warriors continue their unbeaten run, it seems. 348 today (despite Johan Botha getting run out for 0 opening the innings; Goodwin made 77) was followed up by Lonwabo Tsotsobe taking five for 21 with the new ball against last season's runners-up Titans, in only his second franchise match. Two men caught behind, Martin van Jaarsveld lbw, Goolam Bodi caught for 5, and Albie Morkel caught Peterson for 5.

Now to actually win the game and catch up with the Titans in second (they're 17 points behind at present). Dolphins will probably draw with Eagles (I can't understand how a team with Klusener, Govender, Tweedie, Louw and Kent as their bowling attack are topping the league and won it last season...), while Lions are in a good position against the Cobras, 442/7 with the tail to come.