Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: South african domestic season.

Quote Originally Posted by brockley
    Murray goodwin joins the eastern cape another aussie heads to south africa.
    On the face of it, this type of overseas signing doesnt impress me. Not of a high enough level to dominate and on the down side of their career.

However, the Warriors had only 2 players average over 30 with the bat in the Supersport series last year and any help in this regard is needed. Murray will get runs (as long as they drop it short to him) and will probably help a team short on batting and recognisable names.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Hall of Fame Member superkingdave's Avatar
    Murray goodwin joins the eastern cape another aussie heads to south africa.
    I know Goodwin has played in Aus a few years, but since when did he become an Aussie?

Well he was brought up there and calls it home

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    On the face of it, this type of overseas signing doesnt impress me. Not of a high enough level to dominate and on the down side of their career.

However, the Warriors had only 2 players average over 30 with the bat in the Supersport series last year and any help in this regard is needed. Murray will get runs (as long as they drop it short to him) and will probably help a team short on batting and recognisable names.
    It's alright for you to mulch up to the Titans, but some of us have to support really poor sides, and Goodwin could be a godsend...
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

For those interested.

Im reliably informed that that Friedel de Wet is currently bowling quicker than Dale Steyn.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goughy
    For those interested.

Im reliably informed that that Friedel de Wet is currently bowling quicker than Dale Steyn.
    Very interesting, is he in the SA A side?

International Vice-Captain
    Titans vs cobras tonight.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Titans vs cobras tonight.
    Solid sides being put out. Kemp, Nel, de Villiers, Prince, Gibbs and Duminy (6 off 23 ) all in action. Abe looking to guide Centurion home.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Pinball Champion!
    Yeah good to see such strong and local sides being put out..

Bumpity bump.

As the Gauteng/North West Lions are knocked out of the OD tournament (after getting bowled out by Alan Dawson), Friedel de Wet has gone down a level to practise for the SuperSport Series, and is winning the game for North West with 10-97. No-balled a lot, admittedly, but some quality wickets - Jonathan Beukes (been in the FC game 8-10 seasons, played National League cricket for Scotland), Dean Elgar (former national U-19 captain), Petrus Koertzen (veteran of 10 seasons in FC cricket). Brings his FC record to 65 wickets @ 19.72 in 12 games. (!)

Oh, and the WP/Boland Cobras have beaten the EP/Border Warriors in the one-day final. Low-scoring game, Johan Botha bowled a full quota of overs and took two for 20, while Puttick (50), Adam Bacher (41), Vernon Philander (39) and Ashwell Prince (38) all gritted out innings. (Duminy, who batted at three, was bowled by Botha for 12.) However, Cobras SLA Con de Lange took plenty of wickets, including Murray Goodwin (who's had a right dire season so far) for 2, and the Warriors, who at one point needed 53 off 40 balls with six wickets in hand, were bowled out by de Lange, Kleinveldt and Dawson to lose by 18 runs.

Cricket Spectator
    Nice to see the Warriors up there - who knew my team were final material?? de Bruyn, Goodwin and Ackerman really added some firepower to that squad, and I'm impressed with Colin Ingram, nice to see we could attract him back from Free State.

There are a couple of Supersport Series matches underway, the Warriors are giving the Dolphins a bit of a hiding (by their normal standards that is ). They made 473/8d (de Bruyn 167, J Botha 98) while the Dolphins are 14/0.

After finishing stone last in the limited overs competition, the Titans have crawled to 46/4 at just over 2 runs to the over against the Cobras, after bowling them out for 284.

The Lions dismissed the Eagles for 357 and are currenly 32/0. I'd keep an eye on Vaughn van Jaarsveld, he played two awesome innings in the last game.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Madame*Cricket
    Nice to see the Warriors up there - who knew my team were final material?? de Bruyn, Goodwin and Ackerman really added some firepower to that squad, and I'm impressed with Colin Ingram, nice to see we could attract him back from Free State.

There are a couple of Supersport Series matches underway, the Warriors are giving the Dolphins a bit of a hiding (by their normal standards that is ). They made 473/8d (de Bruyn 167, J Botha 98) while the Dolphins are 14/0.

After finishing stone last in the limited overs competition, the Titans have crawled to 46/4 at just over 2 runs to the over against the Cobras, after bowling them out for 284.

The Lions dismissed the Eagles for 357 and are currenly 32/0. I'd keep an eye on Vaughn van Jaarsveld, he played two awesome innings in the last game.
    WeIcome to the fourms, and I know, I had to endure last season at St.George's park, and it was really not pretty at all..

I've been raving about van Jaarsveld ever since I saw him in the U19 world cup, I hope he can do an AB de V..

International Vice-Captain
    So what happened between ian harvey and the cobras this season because he was meant to play for them another season,was he sacked.
    If so wonder the cobras may have to pay him out because i was under the impression he signed for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    WeIcome to the fourms, and I know, I had to endure last season at St.George's park, and it was really not pretty at all..

I've been raving about van Jaarsveld ever since I saw him in the U19 world cup, I hope he can do an AB de V..
    Has a chance to impress, is in the ‘Rest of South African’ side to face India next week.

EP/Border Warriors continue their unbeaten run, it seems. 348 today (despite Johan Botha getting run out for 0 opening the innings; Goodwin made 77) was followed up by Lonwabo Tsotsobe taking five for 21 with the new ball against last season's runners-up Titans, in only his second franchise match. Two men caught behind, Martin van Jaarsveld lbw, Goolam Bodi caught for 5, and Albie Morkel caught Peterson for 5.

Now to actually win the game and catch up with the Titans in second (they're 17 points behind at present). Dolphins will probably draw with Eagles (I can't understand how a team with Klusener, Govender, Tweedie, Louw and Kent as their bowling attack are topping the league and won it last season...), while Lions are in a good position against the Cobras, 442/7 with the tail to come.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information