• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Australians

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
Chappell for me. It's extremely hard to seperate these two, and both are in the top 5 Australian players of all time, so it shouldn't be this one-sided.
agreed...chappell for me as well....

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Salamuddin said:
Greg Chappell...how can you look beyond the brains behind the underarm incident :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Pretty Easy, take a quick look at his record, averaging 50+ in an era with so many great fast bowlers is no mean feat.

R_D

International Debutant
Keith Miller....

From what i've read about him.. he could've had even better figures at test cricket level if he took cricket more serious. Not that he has bad figures or anything.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
13-6 to Miller.

Battle of the Australians: Second Semi-final

Shane Warne

Test: 140 matches, 2958 runs @ 16.61 | 685 wickets @ 25.25
ODI: 194 matches, 1018 runs @ 13.05 | 293 wickets @ 25.73

vs

Glenn McGrath

Test: 119 matches, 631 runs @ 7.51 | 542 wickets @ 21.55
ODI: 227 matches, 109 runs @ 3.89 | 335 wickets @ 22.60

R_D

International Debutant
McGrath

I haven't followed the battle from start but wasn't Bradman inlcuded because of the thought that he'd problay win ? or did he get knocked out ?