• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Australians

cameeel

International Captain
Gilchrist

Has done more revolutionizing a position (wk-batsman) then Lillee did as a bowler

Dydl

International Debutant
10-6 to Gilly by my reckoning.

Real tough match-up.

Gotta go for Gilly though, but really close...

11-6 now.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Very surprised Lillee is so far behind. I personally would've voted for the bowler. Anyway, I'm gonna let this one go the full 24 hours.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
yep, tighest battle yet, but i'll give it to Lillee since i reckon he has established a more legend like status to date in the history of Australian cricket.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Toss of a coin really. I'll go Lillee as he had enough about him to come back after his back probs to be just as effective.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
16-13 to Gilly in probably the best battle so far.

Round 3: Battle 3

Bill O'Reilly

Test: 27 matches, 410 runs @ 12.81 | 144 wickets @ 22.59

vs

Allan Border

Test: 156 matches, 11174 runs @ 50.56 | 39 wickets @ 39.10
ODI: 273 matches, 6524 runs @ 30.62 | 73 wickets @ 28.36