• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Australians

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Well this is gonna be rout anyway, so I'll end it early. 9-1 to Miller.

Round 3: Battle 2

Dennis Lillee

Test: 70 matches, 905 runs @ 13.71 | 355 wickets @ 23.92
ODI: 63 matches, 240 runs @ 9.23 | 103 wickets @ 20.82

vs

Adam Gilchrist

Test: 85 matches, 5124 runs @ 48.80 | 320 catches, 35 stumpings
ODI: 243 matches, 8325 runs @ 36.67 | 349 catches, 45 stumpings

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Adam Gilchrist - by hairs breadth.

Both are legends of Australia & World Cricket, but i have to go Gilly over Lillee simply because i've had the please of seeing gilly play live, and unfortunately have only replay's to see of Lilee's hayday's.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Yikes - hell of a match up.

Um... Gilchrist, just. Because of his contributions in two facets as a keeper and a batsman.

R_D

International Debutant
ohh. tough call this one.

Going to go with Gilchrist for the way he has changed the role of keepers, providing pure enterntainment over the years and being a great sportsman as well.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Really tough matchup. I guess I'll go with Gilchrist, for the simple reason that he's the best ever player in his position, while Lillee isn't necessarily.

oz_fan

International Regular
Toughest battle yet. Both are all time greats in their positions but I'll go with Gilchrist.