• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Australians

JBH001

International Regular
Alan Davidson for me - the finest left armer before Wasim (not that there are all that many to choose from!).

Btw, I do not know if this is too late but, can we put Don Tallon in for a filler?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
JBH001 said:
Btw, I do not know if this is too late but, can we put Don Tallon in for a filler?
On what grounds? His test career didn't last long and wasn't impressive, and yes I realize he got a late start.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Samuel_Vimes said:
My word, Test match bias. Bevan's not even in. :laugh:

Davidson for me.
Oh my. How could I have forgotten Bev? I guess I was looking more at tests than ODIs. :p We could still put him in place of one the fillers if noone has any objections.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
nightprowler10 said:
Oh my. How could I have forgotten Bev? I guess I was looking more at tests than ODIs. :p We could still put him in place of one the fillers if noone has any objections.
Yea Bevan should be there, swap Boofa for him.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting that arguably one of the finest bowling talents Australia has ever produced didnt make the list, Bruce Reid.

Also very surprised that Terry Alderman could not make the list. Not to everyones taste but a good record and a special, special swing bowler.

I would also have liked to add a wild card or 2 when we were looking for fillers. Guys that may not have the greatest recoerds but were interesing and pioneering cricketers. Someone like Jack Iverson for example.

Anyway, its too late now and for this round, Davidson

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Well it seems like we may have missed a few good ones. I'll leave it up to aussie to decide which cricketers should stay in the list and which should be added. After all, its his battle, I'm just running it. Also, since this was just the first battle, we could re sort the list and start over.