• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank players at each position (1-11)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
OK, how about this idea.

Rank the players of all the test playing teams (no BANG/ZIM) from 1-8 based on the position that they bat most often in their team.

So for #3, my list would be:

1. BC Lara
  2. Ponting
  3. Dravid
  4. Younis Khan
  5. Sangakara
  6. Cook
  7. Dippenaar
  8. PG Fulton

Wow, lots of good players right up top. This means Younis Khan and Sangakara are average #3's :)

Swervy

International Captain
silentstriker said:
OK, how about this idea.

Rank the players of all the test playing teams (no BANG/ZIM) from 1-8 based on the position that they bat most often in their team.

1. BC Lara
  2. Ponting
  3. Dravid
  4. Younis Khan
  5. Sangakara
  6. Cook
  7. Dippenaar
  8. PG Fulton

Wow, lots of good players right up top. This means Younis Khan and Sangakara are average #3's :)
Is Brian Lara really a more effective batsman at the moment than either Ponting or Dravid, or Younis for that matter..or actually Cook?

aussie tragic

International Captain
Swervy said:
Is Brian Lara really a more effective batsman at the moment than either Ponting or Dravid, or Younis for that matter..or actually Cook?
Especially since Lara's only batted 7 times at # 3 since November 2000 :)

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Swervy said:
Cook will fail, you heard it here first.

Swervy

International Captain
Armadillo said:
Cook will fail, you heard it here first.
well he will eventually I guess, but I will guess that he will have a very successful test career as well

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samuel_Vimes said:
No. 11 :ph34r:

McGrath
Ntini
Collymore
Munaf
Rainsford
Asif
Mortaza
Malinga
Panesar
Martin

That's some quality rabbits.
Saved the best (so to speak) for last tho. Chris Martin is really more of a ferret than a rabbit.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
OK, how about this idea.

1. BC Lara
  2. Ponting
  3. Dravid
  4. Younis Khan
  5. Sangakara
  6. Cook
  7. Dippenaar
  8. PG Fulton

Why is Peter Fulton there? He has only played a handful of tests and batted the last couple as opener and in ODI batted nearly everywhere but three.

sqwerty

U19 Cricketer
BoyBrumby said:
Saved the best (so to speak) for last tho. Chris Martin is really more of a ferret than a rabbit.
Having McGrath at the top of a batting list just illustrates the absolute quality of World number 11's

kwigibo

School Boy/Girl Captain
Keepers.

Gilchrist
Sangakarra
Dhoni
Boucher
Akmal
McCullum
Read
Baugh

If judged only on keeping skill I'd shift them a bit.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Guys, rank them as players, not as batsman. So McGrath being #1 would be because he's the best player on the list.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
Guys, rank them as players, not as batsman. So McGrath being #1 would be because he's the best player on the list.
:laugh: OK. That'd be

McGrath
Ntini
Asif

daylight

Collymore
Malinga
Panesar
Munaf
Martin

adharcric

International Coach