• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW RetireWatch

adharcric

International Coach
Sanz said:
Sachin Tendulkar
VVS Laxman.
Anil Kumble
I actually don't think any of them will retire soon.
Tendulkar ~ too much of a competitor and I think he'll hit form again
Laxman ~ he'll feel unsatisfied by his career, too few opportunites for his talent
Kumble ~ he'll stop when he wants to, because he might just be fit to play until 40; perhaps when Chawla is ready he'll step down

Salamuddin

International Debutant
adharcric said:
I actually don't think any of them will retire soon.
Tendulkar ~ too much of a competitor and I think he'll hit form again
Laxman ~ he'll feel unsatisfied by his career, too few opportunites for his talent
Kumble ~ he'll stop when he wants to, because he might just be fit to play until 40; perhaps when Chawla is ready he'll step down
Tendulkar's a apent force IMO.....he should quit after the WC for his sake and India's.
So should Ganguly as well.

I still think Laxman has another 2-3 years left in him.......Not sure about Kumble tho....I don't know if Piyush Chawla if ready for tests yet...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sanath J after the World Cup + possibly Chaminda Vaas .

I have no doubt Sanath will go into SL politics, while Vaas will probably join the Roman Catholic Clergy.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
What about Marvan? And how long will Murali keep going for?
Marvan probably after the next World Cup for ODIs, i think he might play Test Cricket for another year after.

I think Murali will retire from ODIs after the World Cup and play Test until he reaches 800 Test Wickets.

Anyone else think Hayden and Langer will retire at the same time, probably after the 2009 Ashes series.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Hayden will retire shortly after the World Cup after not being selected for the Zimbabwe series.
Inzimam will retire directly after the World Cup.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ganguly and Symonds calls terribly wrong.

Both returns were out of left field though.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
Marvan probably after the next World Cup for ODIs, i think he might play Test Cricket for another year after.

I think Murali will retire from ODIs after the World Cup and play Test until he reaches 800 Test Wickets.

Anyone else think Hayden and Langer will retire at the same time, probably after the 2009 Ashes series.
I doubt Murali will stop at 800 . He will definitely tour Australia in 2008 and by then if he has exceeded 800 he may think about it.

But he may want 1000 test wickets next to his name. It may take him till 2011 to get that number .

Murali may decide to play only selectively after the World Cup (ie playing Tests only or ODIs against major opposition only ) , so that he can go back to County Cricket and earn some cash to augment his income.

He must seriously consider playing more County Cricket as he gets closer to his retirement.

What will he do in retirement ...possibly Politics in SL or getting back to family business making biscuits and sweets !:laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
Well in today's paper there was an article on Brian Lara and he said after the WC he wouldn't mind playing until he is 40 as he considers it the superior game. So I guess that means ODIs are definatly out now because he said he didn't think he will play much after the WC in terms of ODIs.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Geraint Jones will be the next to retire, he'll inadvertently drop himself after Flintoff mispronounces his name at team selections.

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
The Next person to retire from Test Match Cricket will be Geraint Jones.... Just watch this space