• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the best upcoming player?

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
Broad = Hype
I can't believe people are getting way ahead of themselves with this guy. Sure hes got the stature, but he doesn't move the ball in the air and rarely off the seam. Add to this his line is all wrong (wide outside off) and his length is a fraction too short atm. But hes got potential no doubt, because he has the physical stature.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
tooextracool said:
it seems to me like its only irrelevant because it goes against your argument. Runs scored are always the most important thing a batsman can do and it seems to me like Collingwood and co have been doing it more often than Pietersen.
My argument was simple. Pietersen > Collingwood in the selectors mind, regardless of who scores more runs.

It's irrelevant because it has no bearing on my point.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Perm said:
Indeed he has 4 ODI centuries and 1 test hundred and is basically a certain at the top of the order in this stage of his career, especially ODI games. Definately one of the best up and coming players of the current crop, is going to be a very good opener in time.
Though he averages 22 in ODI cricket when he fails to get a hundred.

Mr Mxyzptlk

adharcric said:
England ~ Collingwood, Vaughan (even when fit, I wouldn't see him making the team ahead of Cook), Shah, Joyce
Vaughan is probably a better captain than Cook will ever be.

tooextracool

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
My argument was simple. Pietersen > Collingwood in the selectors mind, regardless of who scores more runs.

It's irrelevant because it has no bearing on my point.
Err yes thank you for enlightening me about the selectors view of things8-)
I think i was arguing from the very start why the selectors need to change that view of Pietersen and that he shouldnt be considered a certainity because of how inconsistent hes been since the Ashes. It just seems to me that unless they stab his confidence a little bit he might continue to play as recklessly as hes been playing off late.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Who is the best upcoming player?

Whoever it is, is highly over rated in my opinion :dry:

wackyadz06

Cricket Spectator
Hi there guys just found a new film about the ps3. www.ps3films.com/realtime.mov
The film is about two young amatuer boxers preparing for a fight. A women is commentates as they size up. She explains the benefits of PlayStation 3s real time technology, which is illustrated by high definition, super slo-motion footage.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Someone who will never be a superstar that I like the look of is Ed Rainsford.

Ignoring his bent (not braced) left leg in delivery, I really like the way he hustles in and bowls hard.

Maybe its that he reminds me of a slower version of my younger self :), but I would actually pay good money to watch him bowl. He has an energy about him that you cant ignore.

I hope he goes on, avoids further serious injury and has a successful career.

Langeveldt

Soutie
wackyadz06 said:
Hi there guys just found a new film about the ps3. www.ps3films.com/realtime.mov
The film is about two young amatuer boxers preparing for a fight. A women is commentates as they size up. She explains the benefits of PlayStation 3s real time technology, which is illustrated by high definition, super slo-motion footage.
haha :laugh: how random!

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Though he averages 22 in ODI cricket when he fails to get a hundred.
Why would you bother to take away his hundreds when trying to make a point? Are you twisting the statistics to try and make an argument? Admittedly he only has hundreds against England, New Zealand and Bangladesh which show's he is along way off being a good ODI opener just yet but he definately has potential, maybe not the best up and coming player but certainly a future talent for Sri Lanka.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Perm said:
Why would you bother to take away his hundreds when trying to make a point? Are you twisting the statistics to try and make an argument? Admittedly he only has hundreds against England, New Zealand and Bangladesh which show's he is along way off being a good ODI opener just yet but he definately has potential, maybe not the best up and coming player but certainly a future talent for Sri Lanka.
You know, our bowling lineup is pretty decent in ODIs. Better than most teams in the world, and in our home conditions as well.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agreed about that point Sir Redman he did well to score a century against Bond, Cairns, Oram, Mills and Vettori. But still he has a long way to go and will have to start proving himself against some of the bigger teams around.