• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards 3rd- 10th of Sept.

archie mac

International Coach
Congratulations to the following:

marc71178 - 45000 Posts
Mister Wright - 11000 Posts
Blewy - 8000 Posts
Samuel_Vimes - 8000 Posts
PY - 7000 Posts
ash chaulk - 3000 Posts
Matteh - 3000 Posts

Marc has been a great help this week, picking almost all of the awards. Remember you can send any posts/threads you think worth to marc. The milestones accuracy has really picked up since Alternative has taken charge, and AD is also fitting in well.

We would love some help, especially from someone who follows the fortunes of one of the subcontinent teams

The CW Awards Team

Alternative (milestones)
Marc (awards judge)
Aussie Dominance (Sobers and Gatting/Rana awards judge)
Archie (whatever else is left over)

If you are celebrating a “Posts” milestone this week, please let Manju (Alternative) know, you can contact him at hunterbhai at hotmail dot com

If you would like to discuss anything to do with the awards, please let me know, you can contact me on kehlers at iprimus dot com dot au

If you notice a post or thread that you think is worthy of an award please contact Marc at marc at robbins46 dot freeserve dot co dot uk

If you notice any nominees for the Sobers or best debate awards please let Justin know at
rusty_492 at hotmail dot com

Best of The Best

1. Shahid Afridi Award for (Best post of the week) Like an innings by the great man, it does not have to be very long, to be great viewing. And the Winner is: GeraintIsMyHero for this click here I have learned a lot in the last 12 months, the Aussies are going to win easily!:ph34r:

2. Shane Warne Award for (Best thread of the week) Like his bowling it must be interesting but just like his private life it can also be controversial. And the Winner is Arjun for this click here something different, and we thought very interesting :cool:

3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: andyc for this click here self deprecating humour, we like it. The selection in question was a former Greigy award winner:laugh:

4. The Sobers Award (Most varied poster of the week) The true all-rounder of CW you must be able to contribute to a number of threads. And the Winner is: marc71178 , No argument, has been omnipresent this week (marc no longer picks this award)

5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: superkingdave for this click here Marc has tried to explain the irony of this post, but I am still not sure, hope you understand :wacko:

6. Inzamam Award (Vaguest poster of the week) We are not sure what he his talking about, but we hope he knows. And the Winner is: Fraz click here ‘Slashy’? Or is it just my age?:-O

7. The Sir Geoffrey Award (Most knowledgeable poster of the week) We were going to call this the Richie Benaud award, but after speaking to Boycs, he assured us he new twice as much as Richie. And the Winner is: Top_Cat, some very informative posts this week

8. The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: adharcric some quality posting on a number of threads. Would like to see him post more, but in the end the quality not the quantity was the deciding factor

Agarkar/Mohammed award for ('At least their trying' award)
just like the players this award is named after, they may not be quite good enough for any other award, but at least we remember them. And the Winner is: Jerk, has not been banned yet, so is doing better then we thought he would 8-)

10. The Patrick Eagar award for great photography, because we have named this
award after the greatest cricket action photographer, it will only be awarded when someone reaches a high standard of snaps. And the Winner is: No award this week

The Gatting V Rana award for the best debate of the week, and the winners are: Playing selector: Lets pick the best test XI of the past two decades click here Some really good debate on this thread in the last week

Please remember, these awards are not officially endorsed by CW management

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats to all winners.

Been away for a couple of weeks and Ive obviously missed a lot of posts.
Just read GIMHs post that won the Afridi, and deservedly so. Excellent post and well thought out.

Excellent, intelligent and therefore ultimately .....surprising :)

Again, well done all.

FRAZ

International Captain
Doesn't matter ,I gotta live it now .. btw Slashy was harmless ..
Over all I hate you Inzamam ...

adharcric

International Coach
archie mac said:
The Bradman Award (Overall CW poster of the week) Simply the best no matter what the debate or criteria. And the Winner is: adharcric some quality posting on a number of threads. Would like to see him post more, but in the end the quality not the quantity was the deciding factor.
Since I'm back in school, it's been tough to keep up with all the new discussion and make any meaningful contributions.
Didn't really deserve this, but thanks nevertheless and hopefully I can be more regular and belatedly earn this in the next few weeks.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
archie mac said:
3. The Skull Award (Funniest poster for the week) Just like the king of the one liner Kerry O’Keefe, can also be serious. And the Winner is: andyc for this click here self deprecating humour, we like it. The selection in question was a former Greigy award winner:laugh:
Awww, shucks. Neil a bit unlucky though.

As for the Inzy award, I move that Fraz not be allowed to win it. It's too easy otherwise. (:ph34r:)

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've always missed this for some reason or another, but this looks like a great idea.

Will make sure I track it more often. Keep it up.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Goughy said:
Congrats to all winners.

Been away for a couple of weeks and Ive obviously missed a lot of posts.
Just read GIMHs post that won the Afridi, and deservedly so. Excellent post and well thought out.

Excellent, intelligent and therefore ultimately .....surprising :)

Again, well done all.
Surprising? I know I'm obviously an idiot but ...LOL

Not like me to win an award for a post I actually thought about, and I must say I'm delighted :)

Though I didn't realise posts on that board were eligible !

PY

International Coach
archie mac said:
5. Tony Greig Award (Worst prediction of the week) Will he ever live down that ‘We will make them grovel’ prediction re- the West Indies? And the Winner is: superkingdave for this click here Marc has tried to explain the irony of this post, but I am still not sure, hope you understand :wacko:
:laugh:

Don't know how I got out of that one. :cool: :happy:

archie mac

International Coach
adharcric said:
Since I'm back in school, it's been tough to keep up with all the new discussion and make any meaningful contributions.
Didn't really deserve this, but thanks nevertheless and hopefully I can be more regular and belatedly earn this in the next few weeks.
Don't sell yourself short, although these awards are not official we do not give the Bradman out lightly :)