• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most boring batsman in the world

Shabash Tapash

Cricket Spectator
Just wondering who everyone thinks is the most boring batsman in the world. Personally i'd have to say Alistair Cook - never plays a shot just gets easy runs into leg side.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Cook has 3 hundreds and in each of them he has scored more runs to off than leg...

probably in the wrong forum tbh

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alysum said:
Kallis from a long way....he wasted my ticket at the last test at the SCG day 1
Lucky you didn't have to put up with his batting at the T20 match at the Gabba!! At least i had Kerry O'keefe to make it interesting though... it was one of his greatest 10 mins!!!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I don't actually find Gillespie that boring, simply because he's a tail ender and there's always an interest in watching rearguard performances. Ashwell Prince is pretty dull for mine.

Mister Wright

FaaipDeOiad said:
I don't actually find Gillespie that boring, simply because he's a tail ender and there's always an interest in watching rearguard performances. Ashwell Prince is pretty dull for mine.
I don't pay my money to watch bowlers bat. As soon as that 7th wicket falls, it always frustrates me when tailenders dig in, usually in Australia's case to put the game out of reach.

I long for the days when batsman 9,10 & 11 were bunnies and were sent back as quickly as the came in.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Mister Wright said:
I don't pay my money to watch bowlers bat. As soon as that 7th wicket falls, it always frustrates me when tailenders dig in, usually in Australia's case to put the game out of reach.

I long for the days when batsman 9,10 & 11 were bunnies and were sent back as quickly as the came in.

Actually, the contribution from the tail has remained relatively steady for the past fifty-sixty years. So the days you 'long' for, never existed.

Mister Wright

silentstriker said:
Actually, the contribution from the tail has remained relatively steady for the past fifty-sixty years. So the days you 'long' for, never existed.
Where'd you pluck that one from?

Obviously didn't watch a lot of the West Indies bat in the late 80s early 90s.

I should clarify what I mean by what I said. I don't mind if the bowlers hang around batting as long as they look like they shouldn't be there. I'm sick of 9,10 & 11 having perfect forward defence and an a text book cover drive. ***** me no-end.

FRAZ

International Captain
As far as what I remember , Mudassar Nazar was quite a tortise tbh..I was just a little kid and I used to get very very very angry while watching him bat .. Hmmm Shoaib Mohammad comes up in my mind as a very slow batsman and in the current bunch believe me or not Abdul Razzaq (some times) ...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
FRAZ said:
As far as what I remember , Mudassar Nazar was quite a tortise tbh..I was just a little kid and I used to get very very very angry while watching him bat .. Hmmm Shoaib Mohammad comes up in my mind as a very slow batsman and in the current bunch believe me or not Abdul Razzaq (some times) ...
Razzaq has always played according to the situation. The man is capable of hitting aa 75 ball 100 or a 250 ball 100, depending on the situation.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Currently its probably Prince for me, but they aren't much around TBH, the last real boring one IMO was Mark Richardson.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I wouldn't Kallis boring as such, when the mood takes him (usually against Zimbabwe or Bangladesh) he can absolutely flay attacks. IIRC he holds the all-time test record for fastest 50 in terms of balls faced. Selfish, but not boring.

If we exclude Dizzy & Hoggy on the grounds that it's not their job to bat I'd say (admirable as he is) Chanderpaul has to be up (or down) there as most tedious to watch.