• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most boring batsman in the world

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Third fastest Test century of all-time too. Modern Chanderpaul has his reputation tarnished by Ancient Chanderpaul.
Yeah, totally agree. I remember watching that century, was marvellous. And then robbed by a poor LBW decision.

archie mac

International Coach
Craig said:
Alec Bannerman.

Three days to score his highest Test score of 94.
And Mr Scotton was not much better. The ones I have read about would be

A. Bannerman
Scotton
**** Barlow
Kelleway (Aust)
Barrington
Lawry (the corpse with pads)

And the ones I have seen

Boycott
Tavare
Mudassar Nazar
Kallis

Although last season I carried my bat four times for a highest score of 33*, with a best of 5* from 40 overs :D

Slow Love™

International Captain
Disgorge said:
Ian healy
Wow, I never heard that one before. Although you obviously could never compare the excitement level to that of his replacement, he was always a very busy batsman that looked to take control of a match.

I noticed that a few people mentioned Chris Tavare, and he was certainly the most boring I think I ever saw. When I was a kid I also found Larry Gomes a tad boring, though the lineup he was surrounded with probably played it's part in that. It's hard to think of players that hit the same heights in this faster scoring era (and more exciting cricket in general).

open365

International Vice-Captain
If it can't be Chilton, i would say one of the Sri Lankans, either Dilshan or Russel Arnold, i really hate watching these bat, i've never acctualy seen them play a good shot in my life.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
chris tavare and mudassar nazar were the most boring that i've watched....strokeless wonders...

shortpitched713

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
ooh yeah, it's like Australia got bored of winning and wanted some sort of challenge so they picked Katich
I totally agree with you there. Although having a solid batsman opening along side Gilchrist might make sense in theory, Katich has been an utter faliure in ODIs. I'm not sure which of Hayden or Jaques I would want to take his place though. If I were selector, I'd probably base it off Hayden's performance in the Champs Trophy.

Mister Wright

shortpitched713 said:
I totally agree with you there. Although having a solid batsman opening along side Gilchrist might make sense in theory, Katich has been an utter faliure in ODIs. I'm not sure which of Hayden or Jaques I would want to take his place though. If I were selector, I'd probably base it off Hayden's performance in the Champs Trophy.
The silly thing though is that Hayden isn't in the Champs trophy side. I'm not sure if Jaques is or not (can't remember) but I'm hoping Hayden piles on the runs in the DLF so they have no choice in picking him. I'm not travelling all the way to the Caribbean to see Katich block away.

adharcric

International Coach
Mister Wright said:
The silly thing though is that Hayden isn't in the Champs trophy side. I'm not sure if Jaques is or not (can't remember) but I'm hoping Hayden piles on the runs in the DLF so they have no choice in picking him. I'm not travelling all the way to the Caribbean to see Katich block away.
That may seem silly, but the really idiotic part is that Jacques isn't there either. It really seems like the Australian selectors and Ponting are doing everything they can to help Katich stay in the side. He simply does not belong in the Australian one-day side. Among the Aussie top 7, he's the only guy I would straight-up reject if offered to the Indian one-day side.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

adharcric said:
That may seem silly, but the really idiotic part is that Jacques isn't there either. It really seems like the Australian selectors and Ponting are doing everything they can to help Katich stay in the side. He simply does not belong in the Australian one-day side. Among the Aussie top 7, he's the only guy I would straight-up reject if offered to the Indian one-day side.
I wouldn't be surprised if either of Hayden or Jaques make big runs in this tournament that they are either added to the squad or replace Katich, although I'm not sure if it can happen, just wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

Toecrusher

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Its gotta be Katich...atleast Kallis has got some stylish looking defensive shots.....Katich's technique is just ugly

Beleg

International Regular
I loved watching Richardson bat. There was something great about his stonewalling attitude. Ditto to Marvin Attapatu.

Johnners

aussie tragic said:
Simon Katich...bring back Hayden in ODI's
No thanks....thats taking a step backwards...especially when Jaques has been hammering down the door lately!!

In anycase.... Akash Chopra bored me to tears in 03/04 when India was in Aus, maybe something to do with the fact that he opened with Sehwag, but still....