• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A funny one

Hodgey

Cricket Spectator
Playing in a cricket match I was standing at the non-striker's end. The batsman at the other end was batting on 99 and was quite anxious to get to his century. The bowler bowled a fast full toss ball and in his excitement the batsman hit him for a straight drive. I saw the ball coming at me like a runaway train. Realizing I couldn't get out of the way of the ball, I put my bat infront of the ball. The ball hit my bat and popped up for an easy catch to the bowler. To this day he hasn't forgiven me for getting him out at 99.

bryce

International Regular
you wouldnt be out for the catch you would be out for obstructing the field or something like that i think waterboy

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No, his team mate was out caught as it seems it didn't bat, then hit his bat and flew into the air.