• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketer in Bali Blast

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
I know him personally quite well. I know his Mother very well and was talking to her just before he was confirmed dead.

I practised with him 2 years ago and from what I remember he was an awesome driver of the ball.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
It really is a sad day for Perth.

The Kingsley Aussie Rules team will most likely lose 7 members. The scary thing for me is that I played for Kingsley Woodvale Cricket Team, who train and play at the same ground. They also use the same club rooms. :(

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, my nana's, sisters, son lives in Timaru & he said Mark was an awesome batsman. While he was living in England apparently he averaged 84 for some club while he was there. Quite a shame really because he was on his way back to try & get into the Wellington team.

Kimbo

International Debutant
I was surprised, Mark parker was made out to be a promising cricketer and all, but he was 27. Must have just been a top club player.
Really sad though, he sounded like a good guy. He was giving messages to his family as he was dying.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Our local footy Club, the Coogee Bay Dolphins lost 6 members, two of whom I knew personally...

Kiwi

State Vice-Captain
There has been alot on the TV news about the Coogee Bay Dolphins Team here in New Zealand..

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Originally posted by Tamara
There has been alot on the TV news about the Coogee Bay Dolphins Team here in New Zealand..
I just found out that one of my friends is confirmed dead and the other is still missing so we're praying for a miracle!

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
The Latest

I have since found out that another friend of mine was killed and another is critically injured in Brisbane hospital. Tom Singer has 3rd degree burns to 67% of his body, 2 collapsed lungs, infected lungs, a broken wrist found a week later and probably more they haven't found yet. Appranetley his injuries were that severe as he was standing next to a large plate glass window when the bombs went off!