• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Boy, Jayasuriya was unbelievable in that period. He could hit every single ball out of the park. He brought quite a revolution in ODI cricket I think. The expectations from an opener were completely different after Jayasuriya.

smash84

The Tiger King
Boy, Jayasuriya was unbelievable in that period. He could hit every single ball out of the park. He brought quite a revolution in ODI cricket I think. The expectations from an opener were completely different after Jayasuriya.
So true. A real revolutionary in the ODI format. I really wanted him to face Wasim in that peak period of his but he couldn't because Wasim was injured. Waqar got some clobbering from him.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
I remember watching his innings at the SCG seven years ago. Was somewhat bewildering to see us get so slaughtered. During the dinner break everyone was talking about our chances laying with Gilly - First three balls were 4, 2, W and deadly silence.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Classic request that one! YEAH. I'll see what I can do tomorrow, even I want to watch that one again. For someone who was so slow his strokeplay when he did decide to attack was excellent.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol....This Jayasuriya inning had the fastest ODI 50 at the time (in just 17 balls) and in the partnership with Kaluwitharana they made 70 and on the score of 70 Kalu got out for a duck....lol...SL still lost though :s
Yeah, I remember that opening "partnership". :laugh:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Was that the one in Kenya? I'm not schooled in Afridi! But yes i probably have it. Its not on you tube already?

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I searched the thread but it doesn't look like it's been requested. I vaguely remember Glenn McGrath bowling an over with the mic hooked up to to commentary team. He talked about how he was planning on getting the batsman out 3 balls from now, and the plan he was going to implement in the first two balls. He ended up getting the guy out. It was great to watch, can't remember if it was an ODI or a 20/20.

Anyone have it on video/youtube?

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was one of those 20/20s at the start of the season, IIRC. McGrath had defintely retired by then, as has Gilchrist who was behind the stumps and I think Warne might have even played. The batsman was definitely David Warner though.