Page 90 of 372 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 5567
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cricket on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by TumTum View Post
    It's freakish how consistent Hughes has been at domestic level. And despite being found out at Test level, he still averages over 50. Looking at this tour match, he seems to have improved his short ball game. If he has fixed that problem, I have no doubt he is a future great. This kid has great determination and love for the game, you can sense that he thrives for challenges.
    Yeh I think he will work to resolve any technical deficits if they become a major problem. As you said he definately has a massive drive, and once someone has that champion mentality it's hard to stop them being successful.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by Clapo View Post

Also McGraths 8-38 at Lords, 1997.
    I actually uploaded this a few years back but after 13,000 views it now says "content rejected"

Will upload again, it'll take 1 item off Rob's giant list of things to do heh.

I will probably do Martyn's knock in the 2003 wc final as well, someone asked for that.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Leemann06 - My Youtube page with (mostly) Australian cricket highlights

Cricket Spectator
    Wow that was easy, wish all of my videos were this quick to make.

YouTube - Glenn McGrath 8/38 v England, 2nd Test 1997 Ashes

Ahh so you're "Leemann" off youtube. Been thoroughly enjoying your uploads mate, can't thank you enough. Particularly enjoyed the Ponting double vs Pakistan, and the quality was exceptional!

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Nice to see that Andy Bichel 7/20 in good quality. Thanks Lee.

Trying hard to think of some really good bowling performances over the past few years to request but can't think of any. Any ideas guys?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Oh and Bevan v New Zealand in 2002 anyone? Not on youtube as far as I can tell.

Cricket Spectator
    Yeah he goes by the name of 'wang' on cricket forums. I belive he made a brief showing on CW aswell. And he has a LOT of clips.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaican View Post
    Wishful thinking . What they will do instead is, take those video links and proclaim all over the internet that Sachin is the greatest since God created this Universe, and that Lara, Viv, Punter aren't worth Sachin's pee (just look at the highest rated comments on Lara's 153* youtube video as an example).

But did you honestly expect them to request Lara's 132 or Punter's 197 or Viv's blistering 146 on the same Test ground (Perth)? They would have little to no idea about these knocks, and even if they did, it would be strictly scorecard/stat based (viewed only in hindsight from the perspective of comparison with Sachin).

Hard to blame them. The only Sports news that the visual and print media envelopes the public with is, what certain cricketer or personality said about Sachin (that is, after the same media puts a ton of pressure on the said cricketer or personality to proclaim Sachin as the greatest).

And the thing that makes bigger news than that is when someone (especially non-Indian) does NOT proclaim Sachin as the greatest. It was interesting, when Wisden released the list of greatest Test knocks, far, far more articles were published in India's leading Newspapers and magazines on the injustice of Sachin's exclusion rather than on the fact that Laxman's 281 made it to the top-10. Every conspiracy theory under the sun imaginable (racism, bias, jealousy, victimization) was put forth. Read the "controversy" section in this page.

Absolutely no rejoicing of Laxman's knock being rated so highly. No media statements from Laxman published all over. It was almost as if Laxman just wasn't Indian enough.

Do post those great knocks of Sachin when you get the chance. As an added incentive, your youtube channel might be mentioned in a popular Indian newspaper/website soon (am not exaggerating!).
    Virtually every thing in this universe is a by-product of something else. For every deluded Sachin Tendulkar fan, there is an Altaican. As if more proof was needed that Newton's third law is perfect

I would agree that the Indian media, like A FEW Indian fans, tend to go overboard with their praise for Sachin Tendulkar at times, but they are also among the most unforgiving when he is not doing well. You have to be here to truly appreciate the immense pressure he is under. In fact, the same holds true for a lot of other Indian players albeit to a lesser extent.

Yes, there were a few raised eyebrows when none of Sachin Tendulkar's knocks made the top hundred Wisden list, but equally, there weren't too many "hail Tendulkar" articles or programmes by the Indian media when he, if memory serves me right, was voted the second best batsman after Sir Donald Bradman by the same Wisden in 2002-2003.

The insinuation that visiting players praise Sachin Tendulkar only when pushed by the Indian media is laughable. I will happily concede that I have seen it happen a couple of times, but to suggest that is always the case is just wrong.

For the record, I have always rated Brian Lara at his best as a slightly better test batsman than Sachin Tendulkar, but posts such as this one are just as bad, if not worse, than the comments on youtube that you seem to have a problem with. Surely it is not a crime to make requests for knocks of your favourite player!

Just my two cents
    Last edited by Blaze 18; 19-11-2010 at 10:02 AM.

Banned
    Robelinda - Do you have VVS Laxman's 167 at Sydney ?

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze 18 View Post
    Robelinda - Do you have VVS Laxman's 167 at Sydney ?
    Already up on YT

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LJMJ View Post
    Ah, thank you.

Cricket Spectator
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusEx View Post
    Ahh so you're "Leemann" off youtube. Been thoroughly enjoying your uploads mate, can't thank you enough. Particularly enjoyed the Ponting double vs Pakistan, and the quality was exceptional!
    Thanks. That used an encoded 400p source, with a bit of luck, and if my computer can handle it, i'm hoping to do highlights of the Ashes this summer using raw 1080i source. Should be epic quality.

Someone asked for this Damien Martyn knock in the 2003 world cup final. Pretty short, he only scored 8 boundaries.

Damien Martyn 88* v India, 2003 World Cup Final

International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    Here's some more overnight uploads!!

Adam Gilchrists Debut 81 vs pakistan

YouTube - Adam Gilchrist 81 Debut vs Pakistan 1999

Shane Warne 7/56 vs West Indies 1992/93

YouTube - Shane Warne 7/56 vs West Indies MCG 92/93

Shane Warne 7/23 vs Pakistan 1995/96 Gabba

YouTube - Shane Warne 7/23 vs Pakistan 1995/96 Gabba

Quote Originally Posted by Leemann View Post
    Thanks. That used an encoded 400p source, with a bit of luck, and if my computer can handle it, i'm hoping to do highlights of the Ashes this summer using raw 1080i source. Should be epic quality.

Someone asked for this Damien Martyn knock in the 2003 world cup final. Pretty short, he only scored 8 boundaries.

Damien Martyn 88* v India, 2003 World Cup Final
    Cant watch the video, says its private???

Whats happened to the cougar cricket site? I was on there for ages, now its just full of spam posts.
    Last edited by robelinda; 19-11-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Here's one of my all time favourite innings, Kim Hughes 213 vs India, Adelaide 1980/81. One of the greatest underachievers in cricket, Kim would be in my top 5 batsmen who i'd want to watch in full flight, he was glorious, absolutely glorious. Even more stylish than Greg Chappell for me. Ponting has said he wanted to be Kim Hughes when he was younger, but he never copied that spanking cover drive on one knee!

YouTube - Kim Hughes 213 vs India 1980/81

Thread Information