• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man

Spark

Global Moderator
I think we are both very SLOW! Ive already uploaded the Langer 250, yesterday! Forgot all about it.

YouTube - Justin Langer 250 vs England 4th test MCG 2002
Must have missed it in the mountain of videos you've posted since

Robelinda = cricketing legend, tbh.

TBF Clarke's Lords ton was pretty good to watch. The first 50 at any rate. Although I already have the highlights to that one saved.

@Gillysfan Oh you were talking about Langer!

He's taken a few blows in his lifetime. Hard as nails that man.

Last edited:

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
I think we are both very SLOW! Ive already uploaded the Langer 250, yesterday! Forgot all about it.

YouTube - Justin Langer 250 vs England 4th test MCG 2002
This is the game I regret not going to the most. Got called up by a mate asking if I wanted to come with him and his dad to the cricket. These days I'd be all over it, but back then I was 9 and for some reason the shy kid in me came out and said no because I wanted to "spend time with mum". :(

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Air con is on full! Been outside playing cricket with the kids most of the day! I;m too old for that stuff, i'm buggered as.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Rob, thought I'd ask permission before I did it. But do you mind if I made a compilation using some of your Gilly vids?

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Must have missed it in the mountain of videos you've posted since

Robelinda = cricketing legend, tbh.

TBF Clarke's Lords ton was pretty good to watch. The first 50 at any rate. Although I already have the highlights to that one saved.

@Gillysfan Oh you were talking about Langer!

He's taken a few blows in his lifetime. Hard as nails that man.
Yep, but this one nearly destroyed his relationship with Punter. Langer was padded up and ready to go, but Punter was going to physically restrain him if another wicket fell. But JL said that their friendship would be over if he didn't let him bat. Luckily it wasn't a repeat of Edgbaston as Binga and Kasper hung on to win.

Spark

Global Moderator
Wow. That would've been more than a little interesting as JL and Punter, the clash of two massive wills there. Although perhaps it wouldn't have been the end of his career as Ponting might not have been the utterly dominating figure in the dressing room he is today.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Wow. That would've been more than a little interesting as JL and Punter, the clash of two massive wills there. Although perhaps it wouldn't have been the end of his career as Ponting might not have been the utterly dominating figure in the dressing room he is today.
From Wikipedia.

"Makhaya Ntini and Curtly Ambrose are among the very few bowlers who have been able to use their pace and accuracy to pressure Langer. In his 100th test, Langer was hit by a devastating bouncer from Ntini (South Africa v Australia, 3rd Test, Johannesburg, 2nd day). He underwent scans in hospital and suffered concussion. Despite the risk of being killed if hit on the head again, Langer padded up to bat in the second innings if it was required of him. Captain Ricky Ponting wrote in his diary, that because of Langer's intention of defying medical advice, he would have had to declare the run chase and forfeit the match to prevent Langer from facing the bowling. Brett Lee scored the winning runs before he was needed, however."

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I use no editing software, nothing is done on computer at all, Video tapes and a dvd recorder, old school mate. Ive had the same VCR since 1992. I can get stuff done fast, mostly because ive been doing it for so long, one day i'll spend the time and money and get to do it on computer, but I'm in no hurry at all.

I dont work during the day, run my business in the evenings! Spend the day looking after my kids and playing and watching cricket!

Last edited: