• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Robelinda, you're a blooming marvel.

If you can make the time to get those Gower clips posted, I (and many other cricket lovers) would be forever in your debt.
I promise i'll get to Gower soon! My footage for the 83/84 Ashes is all over the place, gotta sort it all out, especially the SCG test. Got the 1990/91 stuff though all good.

srkven

Cricket Spectator
You guys should look at Youtube - Jason Krezja's 12 wicket haul against India. Shows you how good he can get 2:35 - massive turn from an offspinner.

robelinda

Any chance of the 138 from Gilly at Cape Town and the 91 at Durban, Rob?
Good call dude, will get onto it! I have those already edited from back in 2002, just gotta locate them. That 138 was just insane, clean clean clean striking. No-one seems to remember or even rate the 91 in the 3rd test, but it was equally awesome, as was Punters 89 in the first innings too, i'll get that one ready to upload.

My favourite Gilly ODI knock was in England in 2001, vs Pakistan at Trent Bridge, my god that was glorious, MUST upload that one.

slog sweep

Cricket Spectator
That's a quality collection you have there Rob. Well done. I would love to see some of the great bowling spells from the legendary West Indian quicks in particular Malcolm Marshall and Michael Holding. Do you have any of their great performances in Australia? A few more innings from 'King' Viv would also be nice. He was dynamite in 1979, scoring 140 and 96, and then backing it up with 153(130) in an ODI. In 1984, I think he made 208 at the MCG.

Last edited:

robelinda

That's a quality collection you have there Rob. Well done. I would love to see some of the great bowling spells from the legendary West Indian quicks in particular Malcolm Marshall and Michael Holding. Do you have any of their great performances in Australia? A few more innings from 'King' Viv would also be nice. He was dynamite in 1979, scoring 140 and 96, and then backing it up with 153(130) in an ODI. In 1984, I think he made 208 at the MCG.
Got the 208, or most of it anyway. Got the 140 and 96, but pretty crappy quality and not in a good format for uploading. I DID have the 153 at the MCG but the dvd became unreadable....needless to say it was a very low point in my life, as I'd kept the video tape for literally 15+ years without issues, and threw it out when i put it on dvd.

slog sweep

Cricket Spectator
If you could upload Viv's 208 in ' 84 that would be great. I'm not sure if you do bowlers as well, but I remember Marshall taking 10 wickets in Adelaide in that same series and 5-29 in Sydney in ' 88/89. Holding took 6-20 in Perth in ' 84 to bowl Australia out for 76 and Ambrose took 9 wickets in Melbourne in ' 96/97. A nostalgic look back at any of these great fast bowlers would be great.

Gilly Fan

U19 12th Man
Good call dude, will get onto it! I have those already edited from back in 2002, just gotta locate them. That 138 was just insane, clean clean clean striking. No-one seems to remember or even rate the 91 in the 3rd test, but it was equally awesome, as was Punters 89 in the first innings too, i'll get that one ready to upload.

My favourite Gilly ODI knock was in England in 2001, vs Pakistan at Trent Bridge, my god that was glorious, MUST upload that one.
Haha one of the only innings of his I don't think I remember. That South Africa tour however was the best he ever played imo. That was when he was in career best form. Only part that comes close is 04/05 when he dominated in New Zealand.