• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Spark

Global Moderator
Hell, Mark Waugh's catching full stop. The guy was amazing, really was, and I only caught the back-end of his career. And gun for uploading a few innings of his, my favourite player by a mile when I first started to watch cricket.

Damien Martyn, please. Any Martyn. Most underrated cricketer of the early 2000's, was such a gun. Massive pity that he fell apart mentally in 06-07, could've been the crowning jewel in a batting lineup full of them - Ponting, Martyn, Hussey and Clarke in full flight in a single series...

Speaking of which, got Clarke's debut innings? Always wanted to watch that.

smash84

The Tiger King
Hell, Mark Waugh's catching full stop. The guy was amazing, really was, and I only caught the back-end of his career. And gun for uploading a few innings of his, my favourite player by a mile when I first started to watch cricket.

Damien Martyn, please. Any Martyn. Most underrated cricketer of the early 2000's, was such a gun. Massive pity that he fell apart mentally in 06-07, could've been the crowning jewel in a batting lineup full of them - Ponting, Martyn, Hussey and Clarke in full flight in a single series...

Mark Waugh's catching was unbelievable. I have never ever seen a better slip or gully fielder than Mark Waugh. I hope somebody has his catch compilation somewhere.

And his batting was so stylish. Thank you Rob for uploading so many of Mark Waugh's innings. One of the most stylish batsmen ever to grace the game of cricket. Same goes for Martyn. Massively under-rated. I wish he hadn't retired in 07. He would have been great for the Aussie side today.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Lotsof Mark Waugh to come, fear not people! Martyn was sublime, got HEAPS of Martyn to come, lots of 90's Shield innings too, he was always classy.

So, overnight some more gold uploaded....

Mark Waugh 121* vs South Africa, but i didnt include the hit wicket not out, oh well

YouTube - M Waugh 121* vs SA Adelaide 1997/98

Actually thats it for now, 4 others failed to process properly, bugger it.

robelinda

Yep got Clarke's ton, its on the list now!

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Mark Waugh's highest test score, 153* vs India 1998, great knock, he was quite sick before the innings too, but fought his way through with some terrific strokeplay.

YouTube - Mark Waugh 153* vs India 1998

I seem to be on a bit of a roll, so if ya got any requests let me know, before I cant be stuffed anymore.
Awesome collection. Do you have the Indian innings over this series? Some Chennai test video would be good.

robelinda

Awesome collection. Do you have the Indian innings over this series? Some Chennai test video would be good.
Yep I have the whole series ball by ball, at some point i'll make highlights and post, but it will be not in the near future. Sachin's 177 I might post, my favourite Sachin knock.

smash84

The Tiger King
Lotsof Mark Waugh to come, fear not people! Martyn was sublime, got HEAPS of Martyn to come, lots of 90's Shield innings too, he was always classy.

So, overnight some more gold uploaded....

Mark Waugh 121* vs South Africa, but i didnt include the hit wicket not out, oh well

YouTube - M Waugh 121* vs SA Adelaide 1997/98

Actually thats it for now, 4 others failed to process properly, bugger it.
Superb knock. By the way who won this match and the series????

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
My guess is SA based on the score. We know who won the series, though...
Was a drawn game. Mark Waugh got us through the end of the day, and the earlier mentioned hit wicket controversy too place. Cronje put a stump through the umpires' doors after the game.

robelinda

Was a drawn game. Mark Waugh got us through the end of the day, and the earlier mentioned hit wicket controversy too place. Cronje put a stump through the umpires' doors after the game.
Maybe he was only promised an orgy if SA won??? I'd have been angry too! :laugh:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
OZ won that series 1-0. SA saved a draw in Melbourne, OZ smashed them in Sydney then OZ saved a draw in Adelaide.

Cronje's tanty wasn't the only time SA lost their **** in the changerooms at Adelaide.

Last edited:

robelinda

OZ won that series 1-0. SA saved a draw in Melbourne, OZ smashed them in Sydney then OZ saved a draw in Adelaide.

Cronje's tanty wasn't the only time SA lost their **** in the changerooms at Adelaide.
Yeah it was bad in 94 too, some dubious decisions in that test for sure, LBW's from memory.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah it was bad in 94 too, some dubious decisions in that test for sure, LBW's from memory.
Yeah, Pete Kirsten's and Jonty's the absolute pits, tbh.

Mind you, the Saffies were pretty much shoving the pad down the deck every ball so being pinged by Steve Waugh bowling stump to stump was pretty likely. Bad decisions, yes, but some poor play.

robelinda

Yeah, Pete Kirsten's and Jonty's the absolute pits, tbh.

Mind you, the Saffies were pretty much shoving the pad down the deck every ball so being pinged by Steve Waugh bowling stump to stump was pretty likely. Bad decisions, yes, but some poor play.
Ah yes, i remember Andrew Hudson lbw to Waugh, big stride down the wicket, even the commentators were a bit suss. It was the same for India 2 years before at Adelaide, lots of dubious ones there too.