• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Gee I dont wanna make the quick reply button jealous, i hear he's a nasty piece of work if you get on his bad side.

Bloody you tube is so frustrating, had 20 videos upload today but failed to process properly after 7 hours of waiting, ends up coming out as a blank screen with no explanation.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
YouTube - waqar younis wickets

What a legend. As good a pacer as there's ever been tbf. vid well worth it despite the **** background music.
Awesome bowling indeed. That guy could make stumps fly like no-one else could. Tbf the singer is noorie who has churned up some excellent music over the years. However this is one of his ****iest songs. Has the Lara yorker at 2:30. And who is the English batsman at 2:55 who gets his toes crushed. Absolute crack jacker of a yorker. And in the video Waqar talks about Imran mentoring him. Man there have been few talent nurturers like Imran. And check out the in-swinging full toss at 5:25. Awesome. And the last wicket from the NatGeo documentary on reverse swing is amazing. Just look at the stump flying out of the ground. Absolutely unbelievable. It flies out of the ground at a lot of speed.

Thanks for sharing this really nice video. In fact I remember Ravi Shastri spotting Waqar in the the stadium in some match after Waqar had retired and he said "One of the greatest sights in world cricket Waqar Younis running in to bowl."........Indeed that was the case.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Geez Rob, you got me loading several vids all at once so I can watch them sequentially!

Just like xhamster. :ph34r:

Top_Cat

The Lehmann vids show what a different player he was when he finally played Tests too. Early days, was a glorious shot-maker, not the shuffling nick-and-nudge merchant he became.

robelinda

Oh yeah no doubt Lehmann was screwed by the selectors, they didnt like his weight early on, and he just didnt care. When the time finally came for him to debut properly he was in direct competition with Ponting and he lost that battle. In his book he says he wanted to play like Hooksey but just like Hooksey the selectors didnt want a guy who could get a hundred in 60 balls. His strokeplay is there for all to see, you never saw half those shots past 1998. That NSW ton is pretty much how he played. I have his 255 vs QLD too ready to upload, man he was just a destroyer. If he was rightly picked in the early 90's when he should have been he couldve been awesome. He made the move to Victoria to improve his chances, wrong state Darren!!!!! One match for NSW and he wouldve been made captain of Australia. :) Ridiculous that he was 12th man in 1989 yet made to wait until 1998 to play his first test. Still he looked good throughout his test career until his last few tests vs Pakistan, but was never the murderous player he was in the mid 90's.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Yeah, shows exactly what us SA fans were going on about when blokes like Martyn and co were picked instead and what he had to do to get picked i.e. shelve some shots and show he could rotate the strike.

That said, as much as it pains, Lehmann wasn't the greatest when the ball was above his neck. Had that peculiarly SA tendency to try to throw the hands at absolutely everything wide of off-stump too. On Adelaide, 4 runs, just about everywhere else, big nick to 2nd. Transplant Lehmann of the early 90's to the pitches of the early 00's, though, and it would have been damn fun to watch.

Last edited:

robelinda

Its is true, he was a crazy square cutter, but poor on the leg side with short balls. In his 255 he just hammers the point fence at Adelaide brutally. He wasnt known for making many runs the Gabba or at Perth either, but guys like Martyn were. In 1995 when Law made his test debut, I couldnt believe they didnt go with Lehmann, he was in teriffic form, same in 94 when Blewett debuted, but Greg was having a golden summer to be fair i guess, Lehmann had paid his dues though.

Top_Cat

haha, loved that partnership between Lehmann and Nobes. Both tanks, hilarious watching them turn an easy 5 down the ground at Adelaide into a hard-run 4. Needless to say, never many quick singles between those two....

Last edited:

kiwi_chick

Cricket Spectator
Hi mate. Thanks for posting good batting videos. Can you post videos of good bowling that are not already on youtube. Like klusener's 5 wickets against Australia in the fourth game of the CUODS 97/98. I'm willing to pay paypal money or prostitutes if you like.

Spark

Global Moderator
Hi mate. Thanks for posting good batting videos. Can you post videos of good bowling that are not already on youtube. Like klusener's 5 wickets against Australia in the fourth game of the CUODS 97/98. I'm willing to pay paypal money or prostitutes if you like.
:laugh: