• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
No footage exists thats professional, it was barely broadcast in the WI. News highlights at the time here featured some pretty average footage that was all over the place. The first good proper footage out of the WI I can find is of the Indian tour in 1989, in the years before that you just have stacks of footage with no commentary, or just one camera. Viv's fastest ton deserves a lot better picture quality, you can even see the ball. Ive got some of the NZ tour in 85 and its barely watchable.
On the DVD cricket in the 60s. Their is some solid footage of that 1968 test match with WI vs ENG in Trinidad when ENG where chasing down that target. It had good commentary as well.

I also have seen footage of the 1985 home series vs NZ. But i cant remember from where.

I remember seeing a good clips also of Marshall bowling to Botham during the 1986 tour, during the trinidad test. Had some commentary too, but again cant remember which DVD i saw that on.

Saw clips of the famous over Holding bowling to Boycott in 1980 in Barbaos

On the DVD http://www.cricketvideo.com/product_info.php?products_id=107 - Golden Greats of Cricket. Their is a 2 minute clip of Trueman bowling to Sobers during the 59/60 series - not sure which ground it was though.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I have that entire 1968 test, 2 hours, but its pretty average, but its what was broadcast at the time. There's always snippets of stuff from most WI home series around pre-89, but its always just that, and usually poor quality. The 86 England tour wouldve been great to watch if it was done properly.

There is footage of the 85 NZ tour on the Viv Hitting Across The Line video.

Even that 1980 Holding over is so average, one camera. No way was that actual broadcast quality. When India toured in 89 the quality just went up to proper levels, and got better the following year when England toured and Sky took over. I guess the WI tv stations just didnt care or not have the resources to do it properly.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the DVD cricket in the 60s. Their is some solid footage of that 1968 test match with WI vs ENG in Trinidad when ENG where chasing down that target. It had good commentary as well.

I also have seen footage of the 1985 home series vs NZ. But i cant remember from where.

I remember seeing a good clips also of Marshall bowling to Botham during the 1986 tour, during the trinidad test. Had some commentary too, but again cant remember which DVD i saw that on.

Saw clips of the famous over Holding bowling to Boycott in 1980 in Barbaos

On the DVD http://www.cricketvideo.com/product_info.php?products_id=107 - Golden Greats of Cricket. Their is a 2 minute clip of Trueman bowling to Sobers during the 59/60 series - not sure which ground it was though.
Here you go. There is a website dedicated to that over. I was fascinated to see it after reading Holding's autobio.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Here you go. There is a website dedicated to that over. I was fascinated to see it after reading Holding's autobio.
Ye thanks. That is the video i saw before.

robelinda said:
What I find interesting about that Holding over is how close the slips and keeper seem....
Yea. Could be as you suggested all along, the average camera quality back in the days.

Faisal1985 said:
Yup...the guy commentating in Urdu language said that the way he (Tendulkar) is playing seems he will be a great player of fast bowlers and will do really well...
Perfect prediction then.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yup...the guy commentating in Urdu language said that the way he (Tendulkar) is playing seems he will be a great player of fast bowlers and will do really well...
heh, yeah but when thhey say that about every new hotshot batter, it sorta loses meaning. Anyone else remember Yuvraj 'Only one level below Tendulkar' Singh?

Riggins

International Captain
Anyone know a link to the clip of Botham/Bumble (maybe someone else) commentating when they describe the "short deep extra cover" or similar as the worst fielding position ever the ball before the batter (maybe jayasuria?) is caught there?