• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Haha, raged about it in the match thread at the time. Not a six, go die in a fire.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Damn whichever mod merged ^ into this thread. My Tenacious D sight gag was quality, but is gone now. :@

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ive not seen much of Shane Bond (obviously Ive seen some). His star shone so briefly. He will surely go down as a Frank Tyson like figure. One of great reputation and statistics but unless you were lucky enough to be from NZ or watch a lot of ODIs then our watching experience is limited to a few games and a lot of highlights.

It will be interesting to see what his legacy will be and speculate what it would have been like if he played for a large media market such as India or England.

wfdu_ben91

International 12th Man
Had he had the longitivity of Glenn McGrath then I'd imagine that he'd end his career a better bowler then McGrath.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Ive not seen much of Shane Bond (obviously Ive seen some). His star shone so briefly. He will surely go down as a Frank Tyson like figure. One of great reputation and statistics but unless you were lucky enough to be from NZ or watch a lot of ODIs then our watching experience is limited to a few games and a lot of highlights.

It will be interesting to see what his legacy will be and speculate what it would have been like if he played for a large media market such as India or England.
Yeah, whenever I used to watch Australia v New Zealand ODI matches, Bond always seemed to rip it up. I think I remember watching him getting 6/30-odd once.