• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Kirkut

International Regular
You may call it nostalgic bias but cricket has never been the same for me in the last 10 years. The impression Jayasuriya had on me was long lasting, even peak AB De Villers never quite had the same impact on me, albeit he was a far superior batsman.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Well pitch speed isn't a factor as it's at Bridgetown on what was reputedly a fast pitch at the time, and you'll find very few people agreeing that pitches were slower then than now.

And the West Indies' fielding, though very good at the time, would not stand out compared to decent team nowadays as general fielding standards have risen. There's nothing I've ever seen of that particular slips cordon to indicate they were singularly talented compared to any other in history.

People often use the apparent distance of the slips and keeper in fuzzy footage to dismiss older fast bowlers. The point is that that if you use that logic you then need to apply it to Holding, who I've no doubt was as quick as any modern express bowler.
It wasn't as good as it was circa '84 when Richardson was in there at 3rd and one of the very best ever, but Lloyd, Richards and Greenidge was an exceptional cordon.

automatik

Cricket Spectator
I've been looking for 2 days all over the internet. No luck yet. Can someone please help me find the 2008 Mohali Test India vs Australia? I just need a 3 minute clip from it. I even contacted Fox Sports customer agent online in desperation.