• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Shri

Mr. Glass
It was actually because of unrelated parties using fake takedown notices from Bangladesh apparently lmao

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** copyright trolls.

Also **** YouTube for not having any way of proving what's a fake copyright claim and what's an actual one.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I will never understand the mindset amongst media companies and cricket boards about utilising match archives. You can't even buy series compliations on DVD these days.
Just want to sit on their hoard. Frustrating af. A lot of this footage is going to never be available for purchase.

Kirkut

International Regular
My dad's actually going to be devastated when he finds out. He spends quiet weekends binging robelinda videos of some random Viv Richards or Doug Walters innings or videos of Hadlee's bowling.
His other channel robelinda is still active and usually has those long 2 hour ball by ball spells from Hadlee, Garner etc.

But still, I won't be able to watch peak Ganguly from early 2000s again 😢

Kirkut

International Regular
There's a Pakistani youtuber called "Cricket King Zohaib", he uploads mostly rare subcontinental games from the 90s, I hope nothing happens to that channel.

There's a channel setup by a huge Dravid fan, he did upload his twin 50s at Sabina park, but it got taken down. He also had Dravid's sublime 117 at Trent Bridge in 2011, a masterclass against lateral movement, but I guess that video isn't available anymore.

shortpitched713

International Captain
You say, using a color screenshot, of what happened to be a singularly talented slip cordon in all of cricket history.

OK.
Another confounding factor is actual pitch speed. It is perfectly possible that pitches as a rule, in any given era (including the one pictured) could be slower than what we are accustomed to currently. So a bowler could be much slower after pitching, even though they are the same speed or faster out of the hand (which is the accepted measure we see cited nowadays on our TV sets).

All of it to say , too many confounding variables, picture doesn't prove anything.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You say, using a color screenshot, of what happened to be a singularly talented slip cordon in all of cricket history.

OK.
Another confounding factor is actual pitch speed. It is perfectly possible that pitches as a rule, in any given era (including the one pictured) could be slower than what we are accustomed to currently. So a bowler could be much slower after pitching, even though they are the same speed or faster out of the hand (which is the accepted measure we see cited nowadays on our TV sets).

All of it to say , too many confounding variables, picture doesn't prove anything.
Well pitch speed isn't a factor as it's at Bridgetown on what was reputedly a fast pitch at the time, and you'll find very few people agreeing that pitches were slower then than now.

And the West Indies' fielding, though very good at the time, would not stand out compared to decent team nowadays as general fielding standards have risen. There's nothing I've ever seen of that particular slips cordon to indicate they were singularly talented compared to any other in history.

People often use the apparent distance of the slips and keeper in fuzzy footage to dismiss older fast bowlers. The point is that that if you use that logic you then need to apply it to Holding, who I've no doubt was as quick as any modern express bowler.

Last edited:

loterry1994

International Debutant
Think YouTube is pretty under rated you can get a lot of the t20 franchise league games on their plus international games. Countries like West Indies and Sri Lanka have been streaming their games on YouTube the last few years