• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
wtf was that from Hinds though. Beautiful catch from Hayden btw.

Also, really rated these '05 graphics. Channel 9 wasn't it? I had a graphics pack downloaded for EA Cricket 04 to make it look the same.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I suspect that this is for fairly niche interest; maybe just me, LT and any Kiwis of the same generation. It’s the match where NZ came within 40 runs of chasing down 479 after being dismissed for 97 in their first innings. I remember it very well despite barely being able to watch any of it at the time due to being at school on Days 1,2, 4 and 5 and scoring for the school cricket team on Day 3. Regrettably my folks were not keen to let me stay up for the late-night highlights and video recorders were some years away. I think the 4th innings run chase has been on YouTube for a while, but not the rest of the match. So this is the first time that I have been able to watch most of this, including the great partnership between Amiss and Greig, with both hitting their first test hundreds in England.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

Some banana balls in here.
I had no idea this was available anywhere. Obviously I remember the match very well, and the accompanying controversy about how Lever may have managed to swing the ball so effectively. There are occasional gems on YouTube from England's 1972/73 tour of India and the WI tour there a couple of years later.