• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
An even shorter run

One thing I've noticed that doesn't seem to get mentioned much in the context of this match is the irregular bounce. While getting bowled out for 46 is always terrible I think a better side than England's would have done very well to chase 194 on that pitch.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lmao was Ankola run out looking for a second to get himself back on strike?
Or Venky Prasad running to a wide with 1 needed and 1 ball and 1 wicket left... :laugh:

I am telling you our #6s should have their averages doubled just for the **** they have to put up with when they bat with our tail.

AndyJS

Cricket Spectator
'Darren Mordecai', a channel that had footage of about every series with England in it from 1975 to 1987 (as of Tuesday) was taken down yesterday.
He's started uploading cricket highlights videos again under the name "DM MORDECAI", and has currently reached the 5th Test in 1994 between England and West Indies, the one at which Brian Lara scored 375. I think the problem was with uploading highlights from Australia, which no longer feature on the channel.

In fact, at the moment his uploads remind me a bit of my own VHS video collection of England cricket highlights which ran from 1990 to about 1997. I wanted to put a lot of them on the internet in about the year 2000, but of course YouTube didn't exist at that time.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Now here's something I never thought I'd see - the BBC footage of the end of the 1953 Ashes. Interesting field from Lindwall - who seems to be bowling a less than intimidating pace - with three leg slips.

subshakerz

International Coach
Really fine clip here, Malcolm Marshall famously knocking the bat right out of Gavaskar's hands, on an Indian pitch no less