• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Shri

Mr. Glass

Cricket is milder these days eh

The ump in question apparently had a habit of ****ing over all touring sides:laugh:

SeamUp

International Coach
Great to see all the interview with Robin Jackman. Just watching the Sports Editor (SA one) & will listen to the Surrey one with Charles Colville. 1400 + FC wickets, successful cricket coach with Western Province and listened to him for at least 2 decades on cricket comms. Miss him tbh

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Classic Dravid ODI knock. Remember watching this game. Heartbreak when India needed something like 48 off 48 balls with 6 wickets in hand and still failed to get it.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Two of the best deliveries I've ever seen murali bowl are the ball to Ramesh in the 01 series and a doosra to bowl dhoni in the 2005 series in India. One of them is now on youtube so that's cool.

Hopefully, this guy uploads more from this series, it was really great. Murali's bowling throughout, Dravid's innings at kandy and Murali's hilarious cameo in the same test some real highlights I've been dying to see ever since I first saw it all back then.

Daemon

lol 66-4, best bowler in the world ***mins on fire, Test career on the line, casually lifts him over covers for six

vcs

Smith has quite a selection of screamers. More than any other fielder I've seen since Rhodes.

Daemon

haha the one at 3:00 where he's midway through appealing for the LBW while he plucks it from the air is great

vcs

It doesn't have one catch from the World Cup (against NZ I think). Think it was at short-midwicket, better than any of the ones in the compilation above IMO.

EDIT : Here it is

Daemon

How great was Rahul in that series btw. 50 in every innings but 1. Shame what's happened since.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Smith has quite a selection of screamers. More than any other fielder I've seen since Rhodes.
I was thinking about this today actually. Smith has pulled off a ton of great catches but I don't really rate him as highly as a catcher as Ponting and I think it's because Australia has had some excellent slippers over the years but Ponting was so versatile that he took screamers in basically every position.

OverratedSanity

I also remember him dropping quite a few considerably easier ones in the slips. I think his athleticism abd reflexes are insane but he probably doesn't have the reliability of the very top tier slip catchers.