• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

SeamUp

International Coach
Overratedsanity won't like but the cricketer was awesome. Helicopter shot at 2:52 eat your heart out Dhoni & Mohammed Shahzad. But 7 minutes of gold.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Overratedsanity won't like but the cricketer was awesome. Helicopter shot at 2:52 eat your heart out Dhoni & Mohammed Shahzad. But 7 minutes of gold.

He was one of my favourite batsmen growing up, spectacular to watch. The partnership with Sachin at Capetown is what got me into test cricket.

Which is it sucked so much that he turned out like he did.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was one of my favourite batsmen growing up, spectacular to watch. The partnership with Sachin at Capetown is what got me into test cricket.

Which is it sucked so much that he turned out like he did.
That partnership was glorious. India were 4 down for **** all and those two came in and were scoring at about 5-6 an over in that post-lunch session. Also remember Adam Bacher's stunning catch to dismiss Sachin in that innings, he was the last man out.

Azhar was silky smooth to watch when he got going and saved some of his best Test knocks for SA in that period. Was also amazing in the field.

andmark

International Captain
I may have posted this one before, but I can't be bothered going through all 385 pages of the thread, so here we go. Richie with one of the best pieces of commentary ever. For my mind, in terms of analysis, commentary can't get any better than explaining a situation better than the players themselves understand it as he does regarding Warne's flipper. He even manages to stay stay calm when he's proven right. Elite level stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlyG5wnW7I0

GRAB

First Class Debutant
The original Bloemfontein bone collector... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGBS-HwG55s . More fabulous commentary from Benaud too. BTW, typical Robelinda sneaky editing - Donald got Waugh 40 overs after the 2nd new ball once the first innings had gotten well and truly away from us. We lost by an innings. Full Scorecard of Australia vs South Africa 2nd Test 1998 - Score Report | ESPNcricinfo.com . Also, this was the weird late 90's Aus side with 3 front-line bowlers with Bevan playing as a 7th batter and 4th stopgap bowler... Should never work, unless you have McGrath and Warne in your armory...

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member

What a great clip. Unusually for Azhar he played so many pull shots in that innings. I remember missing this entire innings because there was a scheduled power cut in the place where I lived (jeez that was such a routine part of life).

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
Every video of Shane Watson's humiliation by Wahab Riaz from the World Cup has been pulled by YT, which I find kinda strange.

Does anybody else have a link to this from anther source?

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure if this Bradman documentary has been mentioned before. It’s a bit bland but great footage. It’s strange (not sure why but it is) to think that this documentary is now longer ago than the invincibles series was at the time the documentary was made.

The Bradman Era