• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yep. He didn't even spare his mates.

That stunt against Piers was worse. He could've embarrassed him in a number of ways but he ended up trying to seriously injure the man.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Comes in at 20/2, scores a hundred, gets out and the score is only 136/3. That about sums up Lara's career. :laugh:

The entire second half of the innings is utter insanity.

Can never tire of watching that guy. :wub:

How did Adam Dale ever get picked for Australia in that era, I've seen more threatening looking part-timers..
How good does Mikey Holding look in that clip?

Dale was a genius when there was any movement - just a deer in the headlights against that onslaught though.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
There were a plethora of Queensland pacemen who had outstanding first-class records during the 90s and 00s.

As for Dale, was a very good ODI bowler for a while in the late 1990s but he fell out of favour around the 99 World Cup and was gone completely once Brett Lee arrived on the scene.

OverratedSanity

Been looking for this innings for ages. So glad it's finally on youtube, albeit a pretty short video. Couple of amazing upper cuts he played off Bond are missing. Still maintain that this 76 and the 39 in the othr test are two of the best innings I've ever seen in really difficult conditions. Combination of some ***y as **** strokeplay and some luck. The ball that got him seamed in so much that Sidhu mistakes it for an inside edge.

vcs

Been looking for this innings for ages. So glad it's finally on youtube, albeit a pretty short video. Couple of amazing upper cuts he played off Bond are missing. Still maintain that this 76 and the 39 in the othr test are two of the best innings I've ever seen in really difficult conditions. Combination of some ***y as **** strokeplay and some luck. The ball that got him seamed in so much that Sidhu mistakes it for an inside edge.

Sachin also played a couple of lovely knocks on that tour. Absolute nightmarish batting conditions, though.

Weird thing is, I thought we made Darryl Tuffey look even better than Bond at times.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Sachin also played a couple of lovely knocks on that tour. Absolute nightmarish batting conditions, though.
Eh he had one fifty I think where he was dropped twice and bowled once off a no-ball. This tour separated the men from the boys... the Dravids and Richardsons from the Tendulkars and McMillans :p

Weird thing is, I thought we made Darryl Tuffey look even better than Bond at times.
Kinda what happens on tough surfaces tbh. See Dean Elgar bowling hand grenades at Nagpur

vcs

Steyn and AB's debut Test, Strauss was fantastic here. Hope the uploader puts up the rest of this series as well.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Miss 90s ODI cricket

Been watching a bit of old WSC ODI 80s/90s matches recently as well. It's easy to forget how much of an event the ODI tri-series was in Australia, especially for the opening MCG match of the summer.

Last really big one that captured the public's imagination was the 1995/96 series where Sri Lanka and their attacking way of playing and taking on Australia really made it much more interesting than their Test series (where Sri Lanka were easily outclassed). After that it was a steady decline in interest with the barometer; hardly any of the finals in Melbourne got over 50k iirc after that.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Somebody has actually uploaded this. Now if only there was the rest of the match.
Fantastic! Never actually seen the incident until now. Was a bit different to how I presumed it was; did the umpire give the correct decision going by the laws of the game at the time?

On a broader level, that Test was a major missed opportunity by Pakistan as easily their best opportunity to win a series in Australia (all they had to do was draw in Perth) against such a weakened Oz lineup.

Kirkut

International Regular
:laugh: I had to post this. Not completely related to cricket but just to show how cool Viru was and how smart Ashwin is.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure if this has been on here before.

The end of the match was why fielding restrictions were invented.