• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Jacques Kallis one in particular gave me a new appreciation for the guy. Learning there were clear instructions from coaches that he 'couldn't afford to get out', really adds some perspective as to one of the reasons he played in the restrained manner he did most of his career.

I also found it interesting Mike Hussey mentioned one of the biggest debates on the Aussie team bus was whether Kallis was the greatest all-round cricketer ever and Huss reckons the that at least half the team argued that he was.

Here's the Kallis one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gI-6PntDE0
Yeah, the Kallis one is great. Loved the segment on the Kallisball game.

OverratedSanity

I think he looks awesome but not really elegant, persay The power he generates on those off side punches and short arm pulls are amazing.

Zinzan

Yeah Pollock had a lazy elegance about his batting. You could even see it in that knock he played at aged 50.

OverratedSanity

Really? Most infamous runout ever. It's the same test where Shoaib bowled Dravid and Tendulkar with two consecutive yorkers.

Pretty great test match overall, really. Moin rescuing Pakistan after they collapsed to 26/6, the Shoaib yorkers, Srinath 's spell, Anwar' s amazing hundred, that runout. Those 3 India Pakistan tests in 1999 were all great in their own way. If only we actually played each other more. Missed out on so many Sachin vs Ws battles.

Zinzan

Akhtar was so full of **** and a coward in his playing days, wasn't he?
He didn't do anything wrong in the run-out though did he? Unless you're suggesting he was feigning injury after the collision.

Shri

Mr. Glass
He didn't do anything wrong in the run-out though did he? Unless you're suggesting he was feigning injury after the collision.
A second before the clash, he slightly looks back and makes sure he blocks him. And you know that's where he lands his bat usually when taking a run and shouldn't have been in that spot in the first place.

Last edited:

Zinzan

A second before the clash, he slightly looks back and makes sure he blocks him. And you know that's where he lands his bat usually when taking a run and shouldn't have been in that spot in the first place.
I didn't see it that way at all. In fact if anyone changed their line slightly, it was Sachin. Both players were ball watching.

Incidentally, for all the 'great human being' talk we hear of Tendulkar, I was surprised to see he showed absolutely zero concern for Akhtar, when he went down, whether Akhtar was in fact hollywooding it or not.

cnerd123

likes this
If Akthar is such a soft **** that despite being a mountain of muscle, being collided into by a manlet like Sachin sends him down in pain then he deserves to stay down there alone, like the little bitch he is.

Zinzan

If Akthar is such a soft **** that despite being a mountain of muscle, being collided into by a manlet like Sachin sends him down in pain then he deserves to stay down there alone, like the little bitch he is.
No disagreement by me or other mere mortals about that I'm sure, but I always hear how Tendulkar was one of these rare good- sportsman types above most others, so was surprised after colliding into him with his bat, he didn't seem concerned in the slightest when he went down.

I'd bet anything a post 2011 McCullum would have immediately shown concern as an example, although can't claim I would have :)

Last edited: