• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

andmark

International Captain
Don't know if this has been posted on this thread at any point, but it's certainly worth a moment of thought. I was looking through the British Pathe page on Youtube hoping some footage of Sydney Barnes had surfaced as they opened their archives, but with no luck. However I did find this after some Googling: reverse sweeper: S.F. BARNES ON FILM

It's footage claimed to be of Barnes bowling. Naturally I'm skeptical as I've always been under the impression that he was never filmed bowling, but the video is some food for thought.

andmark

International Captain
Sorry but this one was nagging me. It's such a bizarre video and I'm not even sure if I know why. Hayden looks weirdly young, as does Gilchrist. Gilchrist laughing hysterically along with somehow looking taller than usual. The way the dismissal goes after just kicking the ball away for the whole over. Maybe it's just me but it really is bizarre. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMsL0s6_aRs

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Ignore the 5 step ambled run up, bowling in a cap, and the fact that it isnt quick - for a 38 yr old opening batsman he has a proper, forceful action, doesnt just roll his arm over and gets good shape.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Classic footage from the mid 80s. For English fans, is that CMJ picking up the ball at 7:47?