• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Nice. Seems like the only time I have seen Warne bowling the wrong-un.
He always knew it wasn't a lethal ball for him - too easy to pick, didn't get as much work on it as he did with his leg spinner - but he did bowl it quite a bit before his late 1990s shoulder issues, especially to tailenders. Remember him bowling heaps at Wasim Akram, so that he wouldn't spin it into Wasim's hitting zone.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Am I missing something? That ain't a googly.
...?

It spins away, it's so obvious a change up that Ganguly picked it but he got done by the lack of bounce. The back of Warne's hand faces the batsman. It's a wrong'un. Benaud mentions it about 12 times.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Ah well if I look at the replay very carefully, it does turn away slightly. Low bounce makes it hard to observe. Not as big a turner as some others' googly however.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Shane Warne bowling to Daren Powell - 2005 - YouTube

At 2:24

He could turn it a bit, not nearly as far as his leg break though, and when you watch him bowl it there's not nearly the work on the ball needed for it to bite, and it hangs in the air a bit, giving decent batsmen the chance to pick it. Again, he never really bowled it, even at the peak of his powers; he had it, but rarely used it against top order batsmen.

Last edited:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
That would be some video you know, every MacGill wrong un bowled in international cricket. It is actually possible for me to that.