Page 235 of 371 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 5563
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cricket on YouTube

  1. #3511
    Hall of Fame Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Top floor, bottom buzzer
    Posts
    15,998
    Should always take the fielder's word for it though.
    And we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence.

  2. #3512
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,059
    Here's a challenge for ya Rob, do you have any footage of the Aus A vs India A matches in Los Angeles around '98? Was the days of Brendan Creevey, Gerry Denton, Lee Hanson and Brett Lee terrorising the poor Indian players on some fairly lethal pitches, truly hilarious to watch. I remember catching some of it on FoxTel. Here's the group of matches;

    The Home of CricketArchive
    The Home of CricketArchive
    The Home of CricketArchive
    The Home of CricketArchive

    And you never uploaded that 6 by Chris Cairns at The 'Gabba I asked for. Going to go claim copyright on one of your videos every hour it's not uploaded. Just remember you brought this upon yourself.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 23-09-2011 at 05:20 AM.
    The Colourphonics

    Bandcamp
    Twitderp

  3. #3513
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    Here's a challenge for ya Rob, do you have any footage of the Aus A vs India A matches in Los Angeles around '98? Was the days of Brendan Creevey, Gerry Denton, Lee Hanson and Brett Lee terrorising the poor Indian players on some fairly lethal pitches, truly hilarious to watch. I remember catching some of it on FoxTel. Here's the group of matches;

    The Home of CricketArchive
    The Home of CricketArchive
    The Home of CricketArchive
    The Home of CricketArchive

    And you never uploaded that 6 by Chris Cairns at The 'Gabba I asked for. Going to go claim copyright on one of your videos every hour it's not uploaded. Just remember you brought this upon yourself.
    India 'A' vs Australia 'A' - Los Angeles USA......carnage..... - YouTube ?

  4. #3514
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,059
    haha, uploaded 3 days ago. WAC.

    EDIT: No footage of the bowling in that link, but. Was pretty scary to watch, Denton not far of Lee's pace at the time.
    Last edited by Top_Cat; 23-09-2011 at 06:04 AM.


  5. #3515
    International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    4,215
    My Youtube cricket channels, thousands of gold old videos

    http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda2

    http://www.youtube.com/user/robelinda

  6. #3516
    International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    away from the palms
    Posts
    6,314
    Doesn't seem that awful tbh so far

    EDIT: if you ignore Merv's stache
    Last edited by wellAlbidarned; 24-09-2011 at 12:55 AM.
    Exit pursuing a beer

  7. #3517
    International Vice-Captain robelinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    4,215
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Doesn't seem that awful tbh so far

    EDIT: if you ignore Merv's stache
    Hah yes they are mostly PLUMB, except if you are Indian....

  8. #3518
    International Captain ankitj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad India
    Posts
    5,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Outswinger@Pace View Post
    This is one good spell from Kallis that I found on YouTube:

    Jack Kallis' Six wicket haul vs England at Leeds, August 2003 - YouTube


    Not too much of Kallis bowling apart from this.He was a fine sight, IMHO in the 1997-2004 period, especially in swinging conditions such as this one. A very good-looking action, I always thought.
    Just checked and surprised to find that Kallis has taken 5 fivers. I thought he'd have only 1-2 of them. Trying to rate him always causes cognitive dissonance to me

  9. #3519
    International 12th Man Outswinger@Pace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western Europe
    Posts
    1,730
    Quote Originally Posted by 8ankitj View Post
    Just checked and surprised to find that Kallis has taken 5 fivers. I thought he'd have only 1-2 of them. Trying to rate him always causes cognitive dissonance to me
    Kallis' is a peculiar case for I always thought that a man of his talent underachieved with the ball.

    If you follow some of his spells in the beginning of his career, you'd discover that he had great bowling potential and had one of the loveliest actions for bowling outswingers, IMHO. The tragedy is that Kallis, the batsman flourished at the expense of Kallis, the bowler and now we remember him as a great batsman who was very useful with the ball.

  10. #3520
    Hall of Fame Member Goughy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    All Over
    Posts
    15,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Outswinger@Pace View Post
    Kallis' is a peculiar case for I always thought that a man of his talent underachieved with the ball.

    If you follow some of his spells in the beginning of his career, you'd discover that he had great bowling potential and had one of the loveliest actions for bowling outswingers, IMHO. The tragedy is that Kallis, the batsman flourished at the expense of Kallis, the bowler and now we remember him as a great batsman who was very useful with the ball.
    He realized that he couldnt do both. He has said that it was too taxing and that he chose to concentrate on his batting and relegate his bowling from 'front line' to 'useful option.' He could never have become the batsman he is if he had continued to bowl the volume he did.
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

    West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

    Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

    Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

  11. #3521
    Hall of Fame Member Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Anyone But England
    Posts
    19,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Outswinger@Pace View Post
    Kallis' is a peculiar case for I always thought that a man of his talent underachieved with the ball.

    If you follow some of his spells in the beginning of his career, you'd discover that he had great bowling potential and had one of the loveliest actions for bowling outswingers, IMHO. The tragedy is that Kallis, the batsman flourished at the expense of Kallis, the bowler and now we remember him as a great batsman who was very useful with the ball.
    Over 250 Test wickets at 31 a piece is pretty good going for one of the greatest batsmen of his generation tbf.

  12. #3522
    International 12th Man Outswinger@Pace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western Europe
    Posts
    1,730
    Kallis' overall bowling stats are impressive, but he hasn't shouldered the bowling responsibility that a man as gifted as him should have.

    As Goughy correctly points out, he had to opt for a more subdued bowling role to focus on his batting. I am not complaining about this decision and it's colossal what he's achieved in the game.

    One just gets the feeling that had Kallis been blessed with the batting talents of, say a Chris Martin, how awesome a bowler he could have ended up being! All speculative though.

  13. #3523
    U19 Debutant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    369
    sehwags 201* !! what an innings huh.
    Virender Sehwag 201* vs Sri Lanka Galle 2008 - YouTube

  14. #3524
    International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not really needed on CW
    Posts
    12,497
    The description says

    Quite simply the best knock by an Indian batsman since Laxman's 281! Thanks to "Cricket_Guru" for putting this up elsewhere....
    ..

  15. #3525
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Top_Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    23,059
    Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    Doesn't seem that awful tbh so far

    EDIT: if you ignore Merv's stache
    Will be bringing this up at Colourphonics band practice tonight, decision on whether you'll be allowed to continue as a 'like' on our FB page to follow.



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Top cricket things not at a cricket ground
    By James in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 03:32 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-10-2005, 04:44 PM
  3. Replies: 1876
    Last Post: 23-09-2005, 04:21 PM
  4. Cricket Web - Fantasy Cricket - T&N Trophy Challenge IV
    By James in forum Cricket Web Forum Announcements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2004, 03:24 AM
  5. The Twenty20 Cup in England
    By PY in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 22-07-2003, 03:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •