• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

meatspx

U19 Cricketer
I'm in the process of converting a 1 1/2 hr video highlights package from the 1992 world cup with most of the games onto YouTube. I will post the links if I am able to sort it out.

It's a little NZ centric as it's a TVNZ production, but it has alot of other games.

Fiery

Banned
I'm in the process of converting a 1 1/2 hr video highlights package from the 1992 world cup with most of the games onto YouTube. I will post the links if I am able to sort it out.

It's a little NZ centric as it's a TVNZ production, but it has alot of other games.
Nice work meatspx :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

I will look forward to watching it mate, should be good. Right up there with the 2002 ICC Knockout Cup and 2007 Chappell-Hadlee series as the best moments in New Zealand's ODI history.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I will look forward to watching it mate, should be good. Right up there with the 2002 ICC Knockout Cup and 2007 Chappell-Hadlee series as the best moments in New Zealand's ODI history.
It was the best WC for you guys by far wasn't it? I think we were the only ones to be able to beat the kiwis. Looking forward to it tbh.

Fiery

Banned
It was the best WC for you guys by far wasn't it? I think we were the only ones to be able to beat the kiwis. Looking forward to it tbh.
We've made the semi-final in most World Cups but yeah '92 was probably our best, (although I wouldn't say "by far"), having won all games leading up to the last one against Pakistan and then losing the semi-final to them again thanks to a freakish innings from a very young Inzamam-Ul-Haq

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
We've made the semi-final in most World Cups but yeah '92 was probably our best, (although I wouldn't say "by far"), having won all games leading up to the last one against Pakistan and then losing the semi-final to them again thanks to a freakish innings from a very young Inzamam-Ul-Haq
I said 'by far' because the Kiwis were very dominant in their wins IIRC. Or am I off 'by far'.

Fiery

Banned
I said 'by far' because the Kiwis were very dominant in their wins IIRC. Or am I off 'by far'.
Yeah, it was pretty good and surprising at the time because we had just been beaten by England in the series before the WC. Are you Pakistani nightprowler?

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
How do you think your team will go in this WC mate?
Do I have to? :laugh:

Nah, despite our failings in South Africa, I think we'll whizz through the group stage, super 8's will be a whole different story. I see us just narrowly missing out on the semis.

Fiery

Banned
Yep, you guys can be red hot but also run cold at times. Always entertaining to watch though. Good luck :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I would agree with you, we were very dominant in all our games until Inzi absolutely wrecked as us Fiery said. I think it epitomised the Kiwi ingenuity that we are famous for by making moves such as promoting Mark Greatbatch to open the innings as a pinch-hitter, opening the bowling with Dipak Patel and using our dibbly-dobbly seamers to excellent effect. Until we win, or make the final of a World Cup I think the 92 version will always be our best effort.