• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Kallis' is a peculiar case for I always thought that a man of his talent underachieved with the ball.

If you follow some of his spells in the beginning of his career, you'd discover that he had great bowling potential and had one of the loveliest actions for bowling outswingers, IMHO. The tragedy is that Kallis, the batsman flourished at the expense of Kallis, the bowler and now we remember him as a great batsman who was very useful with the ball.
Over 250 Test wickets at 31 a piece is pretty good going for one of the greatest batsmen of his generation tbf.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Kallis' overall bowling stats are impressive, but he hasn't shouldered the bowling responsibility that a man as gifted as him should have.

As Goughy correctly points out, he had to opt for a more subdued bowling role to focus on his batting. I am not complaining about this decision and it's colossal what he's achieved in the game.

One just gets the feeling that had Kallis been blessed with the batting talents of, say a Chris Martin, how awesome a bowler he could have ended up being! :) All speculative though.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Want to see Allan Donald bowl at lightning pace during his early career?

Just saw this match from the 1992 World Cup and was a very good contest. Some awesome Ranatunga batting in the match too.

Btw, for those that are interested, the Sri Lankan innings starts at about 21:00 minutes. Watch Donald work over the top order batsmen and picking up scalps with his pace. :wub:

Last edited:

shankar

International Debutant

Just saw this match from the 1992 World Cup and was a very good contest. Some awesome Ranatunga batting in the match too.

Btw, for those that are interested, the Sri Lankan innings starts at about 21:00 minutes. Watch Donald work over the top order batsmen and picking up scalps with his pace. :wub:
Thanks for pointing to this one. The wicket of Aravinda at 24:20 is just orgasmic for Donald fans! :wub: indeed

Z-Man

U19 Vice-Captain

26:10 made me LoL hard! I know its cruel :(

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
good onya rob, only knew of you recently but if your location is to be believed, you've been taping cricket since almost as long as I've been alive, so **** the authorities, upload the lot!

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Pretty cool! Except some of the link to other peoples videos are bad quality, and I have already uploaded much better versions- like the Ambrose/Waugh vid, and Lara's 153*.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of the comments:

Posted by YoBro on (October 02 2011, 08:31 AM GMT)
With all due respect to robelinda2 and his "impressive" stash of cricket videos, I am yet to see the full highlights package of Tendulkar's vintage 114 at Perth, in the first innings of the last Test during the 1991-1992 Ind vs Aus series. Maybe when he posts that one as well (if he does have access to the footage), I'll take my hat off to him. Until then, I maintain his collection is pretty ordinary.

:confused:

Last edited: