• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Jacknife

International Captain
Excellent upload Rob.
Snow's action reminds me a bit of Simon Jones, slow amble to the crease, then the quick arm, front on action.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think he was a little more graceful than Jones, but the pace of teh run up is not dissimilar, is it?

Neither particularly use their front arm either.

Edit: it should be said, that despite the crap he cops for his corpse-like batting later in his career, and for his commentary, Bill Lawry was a ****ing great opener for Australia, and ought to be more widely considered for an AT Australian XI.

Edit2: Snow in the post-match interview is so wonderfully self-effacing. The ball which hits Garth is a horror.

Last edited:

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Wow, Rob! Thanks for the John Snow video. What hostile bowling on a wearing pitch! :wub: :wub:

Killer fast bowler who should have played a lot more for England.

Bouncer

State Regular
Rob!!! Just noticed Snow's spell in black and white from 1971...I now demand that you dig immi's SCG spell from same closet that you got the snow's spell from and earn the rights to have Immi's pic in your YT display pic for next few months.

If you cant find that spell then I reserve my right to call you a racist aussie who is jealous because his team is unable to produce an amazing off spinning talent like Harbhajan Singh for over a century.:laugh:

Bouncer

State Regular
the 12 wickets in 1977? I don't think I've got it, but will check. I maybe able to get it somehow....
That would be awesome......I hope my this request does not get cold shoulder from you like some of my requests from past.:) But I am sure that if anyone can find that Immi's spell, that is you.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Ive got some of the Adelaide test, but nothing from Sydney. The only place to get it from is the ABC themselves, and that is unlikely as they don't sell and all the old stuff is on video reels still. ch 9 didn't start showing proper Australian games until 1979/80. Not much I can do.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Oh geez i just stepped on the Cheeqs dvd and put a big crack in it, oh well, was going to use it as a frisbee anyway, now it can be a broken frisbee.