• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

smash84

The Tiger King
Wasim WAG. Just check the amount of movement Wasim is getting with the new ball. Awesome stuff.

That Tendulkar dismissal was very difficult to give out. Although I don't agree with VCS that the ball clearly pitched outside leg stump but it was very close and I can undetstand the umpire not giving that out.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Its a pity the same umpire didnt show the same judgement when Australia was batting. Funny how that happens.

smash84

The Tiger King
I don't know what you are hinting at but Venkat was an excellent umpire. One of the best that I have seen over the years.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From memory, Rob's referring to a raft of dodgy short-leg catch calls in Australia's second dig. Was that the match where Ponting was given out LBW despite edging the ball just in front of slip too? Reiffel and the Waughs got roughies too I think.

Last edited:

robelinda

At least 4 dodgy decisions when we batted for sure. Some were absolute shockers. Venkat was good was had some very off days where he was terrible.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasim WAG. Just check the amount of movement Wasim is getting with the new ball. Awesome stuff.

That Tendulkar dismissal was very difficult to give out. Although I don't agree with VCS that the ball clearly pitched outside leg stump but it was very close and I can undetstand the umpire not giving that out.
If you pause the video, you can even see the mark on the pitch where the ball gripped. Pretty sure Hawkeye would have showed more than 50% of the ball outside legstump if it had been around back then.

Not surprised that we got some dodgy ones when Australia batted, it was pretty much the norm back then with men around the bat and Kumble bowling in India on a spinning pitch. He got some dodgy decisions when he took his 10-for as well. And I'm not entirely convinced that McGrath was out when we won the Kolkata Test in 2001 either.

robelinda

Check out my stack of umpiring blunder videos on my channel, and feel free to request your shocker, if I have i'll upload it!

Maximus0723

State Regular
Check out my stack of umpiring blunder videos on my channel, and feel free to request your shocker, if I have i'll upload it!
Wow, some terrible decisions.

Close contest b/w Wasim and Mushtaq ones. I would probably go with Mushtaq one.
I bet that Mushtaq ump and McGrath ump were fixed.

Spark

Global Moderator
He did make one incorrect one - probably not a howler - but an incorrect one which had a huge impact on the match though.

smash84

The Tiger King
He did make one incorrect one - probably not a howler - but an incorrect one which had a huge impact on the match though.
yeah he got the one with Mussey wrong but all these ones are just awesome.........most umpires would have gotten a few of them wrong I reckon..........can't say for sure though...........but I found this quite an awesome compilation of good umpiring from Dar