• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Xuhaib

International Coach
Burgey said:
Great test that. Makes you wonder how Michael Bevan could score 70 or 80 against the Ws yet fail in test cricket overall because of not handling the short ball.
It was his first test so people were not aware of his weakness, btw Wasim and Waqar spell after tea on third day i still regard as the best ever hour in test cricket it was absolutley breathtaking to watch.

tooextracool

International Coach
Burgey said:
Great test that. Makes you wonder how Michael Bevan could score 70 or 80 against the Ws yet fail in test cricket overall because of not handling the short ball.
It was in Pakistan. I think any player whos played in Pakistan will tell you, that its almost impossible to get a ball to bounce above waist height more than once every blue moon. Fact is that on lifeless wickets with no bounce, its almost impossible to have your weakness against short bowling exposed.
Nonetheless when it comes to Bevan i think it was a weakness that he solved eventually anyways.

Bouncer

State Regular
This is Good Stuff--- a small overview of iincidents in Pakistan-India cricket

1978: Pak chasing in 4th inning and Indian bowler started bowling down the legside to stop them, Majid khan gets angree at that tactic and after Kapil bowls yet another wide down the legside he removes the leg stump and tries to insert it few feet down the legside to make his point to Kapil to bowl within the stumps or atleast not that far down the legside, Kapil still bowls down leg side and majid Pulls that ball outta ground. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxyHRB8QUJY&eurl=

Last edited:

Bouncer

State Regular
^^ Another one from the above video which i heard about alot but didt get to see....was 1989 Waqar's debute series against India where in Lahore test Srikanth was given horrible time by Pakistani bowlers, and eventually he got out on waqar's bowling given LBW he made gestures as f he hit it with bat and kept on making remarks about umpiring on his way back......at that point irked by VIsiting team's captains lack of maturity Imran khan decided to take the appeal back asked him to come back and bat again-----------------surprise surprise he accepted imran's offer and decided t bat again------------guess what he was removed the very next ball by waqar younis.

Thats unbelievable stuff.