• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England's ideal ODI squad

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Ok I think, if Englandchoose their ODI X1 from the following 15 players they will be competitive:

Loye
Trescothick
Bell
Pietersen
Joyce
Flintoff (captain)
Collingwood
Read
Giles
Anderson
Harmison

Broad
Owais Shah
ONions
Ravinder Bopara

C'mon you've gotta admit that's a pretty decent side.......

Salamuddin

International Debutant
steds said:
Have you ever seen Onions or Bopara?

Haven't seen Onions.....I picked him based on what I heard......have seen Bopara though and he looks a good player....he has also done well in this years Pro40.

ALos, two names for the future: Mark Nelson and Varun Chopra

open365

International Vice-Captain
Salamuddin said:
Ok I think, if Englandchoose their ODI X1 from the following 15 players they will be competitive:

Loye
Trescothick
Bell
Pietersen
Joyce
Flintoff (captain)
Collingwood
Read
Giles
Anderson
Harmison

Broad
Owais Shah
ONions
Ravinder Bopara

C'mon you've gotta admit that's a pretty decent side.......
You've managed to eliminate Straussy, i'm impressed.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Salamuddin said:
Haven't seen Onions.....I picked him based on what I heard......have seen Bopara though and he looks a good player....he has also done well in this years Pro40.

ALos, two names for the future: Mark Nelson and Varun Chopra
Onions can't even get into the Durham one day side...

And bopara isn't very good.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Best way to pick 'em IMO. I've heard good things about that Camps lad.

Welll his figures may not be great....but obviously someone thinks he has some ability otherwise he wouldn't be picked.

Put it this way, it's either him or Mahmood and I can't possibly see how he can be worse than the Saj

shortpitched713

International Captain
Here's what I think is England's best one-day side including currently injured players.

1. Tresco
2. Strauss
3. Cook?
4. Pietersen
5. Flintoff*
6. Collingwood
7. Read
8. Giles
9. Gough
10. Harmison
11. Anderson

There are a lot of contenders for the number 3 spot, but I really don't see anyone better than Cook.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Salamuddin said:
Put it this way, it's either him or Mahmood and I can't possibly see how he can be worse than the Saj
Last two bowlers left in England? The way I see it, it's either Mahmood or anybody-but-Mahmood.

I'd like to see this guy get a go.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
shortpitched713 said:
Here's what I think is England's best one-day side including currently injured players.

1. Tresco
2. Strauss
3. Cook?
4. Pietersen
5. Flintoff*
6. Collingwood
7. Read
8. Giles
9. Gough
10. Harmison
11. Anderson

There are a lot of contenders for the number 3 spot, but I really don't see anyone better than Cook.
England are wasting their time with guys like Strauss and Gough, tbh....better to get in a youngster than over the hill/proven-not-to-ODi-standard players.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Trescothick
Strauss
Bell
Pietersen
Colingwood
Flinotff
Dalryrmple (i know he isnt great but he has performed pretty well)
Read
Harmisson
Anderson
Jones

Tremlett
Mascharenhas
Joyce
Cook
Giles

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Last two bowlers left in England? The way I see it, it's either Mahmood or anybody-but-Mahmood.

I'd like to see this guy get a go.

woops....forgot Mascarenhas.....yeah I'd definitely give him a go.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Chilton
Stubbings
Adshead
M Ali
Kad Ali
N Compton
Durston
*+Sutton
Loudon
R Clarke