• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Nincompoops

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Fusion said:
Damn right he did. If I was in the Pakistani dressing room, I would've jumped him for being a complete and utter idiot and derailing my team's chances for a win.
Derailing? I absolutely hate Sohail, I really do. But he and Saeed Anwar gave Pakistan the best start they could hope for. Its not his fault that the star studded batting line up collapsed so easily.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
nightprowler10 said:
Derailing? I absolutely hate Sohail, I really do. But he and Saeed Anwar gave Pakistan the best start they could hope for. Its not his fault that the star studded batting line up collapsed so easily.
Common, Sohail was the captain for that match, all he needed was to stay at the wicket and continue to tonk around Indian bowlers mercilessly and the match would have been over 35 overs.Instead being the emotional fool he has always been, he let his empotions get the better of him and his team paid the price for it. Sadly it was the last game for Javed Miandad, one of the greatest cricketers of our time.

So yeah Aamer Sohail takes the cake in this battle.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Common, Sohail was the captain for that match, all he needed was to stay at the wicket and continue to tonk around Indian bowlers mercilessly and the match would have been over 35 overs.Instead being the emotional fool he has always been, he let his empotions get the better of him and his team paid the price for it. Sadly it was the last game for Javed Miandad, one of the greatest cricketers of our time.

So yeah Aamer Sohail takes the cake in this battle.
Agreed 100%. Yeah Sohail and Anwar gave Pakistan a good start. But it was a massive total and the only chance Pakistan had was if they stayed at the crease longer and kept the run rate down. Of course Sohail didn't lose the match by himself, but IMO he was most responsible for throwing away a chance for a win.

Regarding Miandad's last game...as he walked off the field for the last time, totally dejected and being booed by the crowd, I must admit I had to hold back some tears. I disagree with Miandad's opinions 90% of the time, but he was a true legend of Pak and cricket as a whole.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Fusion said:
Regarding Miandad's last game...as he walked off the field for the last time, totally dejected and being booed by the crowd, I must admit I had to hold back some tears. I disagree with Miandad's opinions 90% of the time, but he was a true legend of Pak and cricket as a whole.
Ditto.