• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A four man pace attack could be the answer!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Right, so when it was said that Warne would be hit onto the roof of the MCG it actuially meant Warne would be hit for 6 at some point on the Tour - now that's a completely different situation.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Originally posted by marc71178
Right, so when it was said that Warne would be hit onto the roof of the MCG it actuially meant Warne would be hit for 6 at some point on the Tour - now that's a completely different situation.
Really, why would that be? What is so different about the MCG that would make hitting a six over there more special than at other grounds in Aus? Really, Marc, you know you are just juggling with words and not saying anything particularly meaningful. You know very well by now that what I meant to convey was that Warne will be dominated by the Indians on their next tour and you are trying to willfully misunderstand me and posting some crap just to keep this argument going.;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
There's no way you can say that he WILL be dominated by India. He MAY be dominated, but I'm not 100% sure that the Indians will go after him, as I've already said.

aussie_beater

State Vice-Captain
There's no way you can say that he WILL be dominated by India. He MAY be dominated, but I'm not 100% sure that the Indians will go after him, as I've already said.
No there is no sure way to say anything in cricket....remember ? And everything you say is a "MAY" till it plays out for real.The only thing is that some "MAYs" are more borne out by facts then others and that's the difference.

So when somebody says that Warne may be tonked by Indian batsman, given the past history that looks more plausible, then the other MAY which says he won't be tonked.... Capisch ?

[Edited on 21/10/2002 by aussie_beater]

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks, A_B. As you say, cricket is an uncertain game and nothing can be predicted with absolute certainty, but based on past history and present form, you can make some logical predictions about the future and that's what I did. I think Marc really agrees with tha idea, but just for argument's sake, he is dragging this along talking about "may" and "might" and "will" and what not.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I don't actually agree as I think the Indian team is too professional now to risk such things unless they're in full control of the game (which I can't see happening against the Aussies) - hence I disagree with the certainty implied by WILL.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
I don't actually agree as I think the Indian team is too professional now to risk such things unless they're in full control of the game (which I can't see happening against the Aussies) - hence I disagree with the certainty implied by WILL.
Indians can never be a match for the Aussies by remaining dour and defensive. Along with professionalism, this team has also displayed some fighting qualities recently and if they have to take the fight to the Aussies, taking on Warne is the safest bet. So, instead of looking at it as a risk, this present Indian team is likely to look at it as an opening and an opportunity.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Of the current crop, the one I'd go for is Lee on current form..
The problem is the Indians barring maybe Tendulkar and Dravid have always had trouble with that kind of lightning pace on pace friendly wickets. Sehwag might have a go at Lee at the top of the order, though.