• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
Oh dear when things go wrong, they REALLY go wrong.! I've felt for a while that if the wall goes the whole Indian batting line-up goes so Wednesday could be X-certificate stuff. Or then again the rest of the team could stand up and be counted...will Schewag captain India now which could be a problem considering his own form? Mind you I'm not surprised -SA are good at home and India have been poor in ODIs since they played England and they even ****ed up their own CT.

Dravid

International Captain
South Africa to win the next ODI. You heard it here first. Dravids injury results in Sehwag being captain....what a joke.

BUTTTTTTTTT there is good news. VVS Laxman is back in the squad, so thats something to cheer about. No doubt he will play with Dravid being ruled out.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Not so much huge blow in regard to the ODI, Dravid was only keeping the Indians heads above water anyhow. Could also do the world of good for Sehwag and be the kick up the ass he needs. But if Dravid does not recovery in time and misses the tests then India will be in a world of ****.

Elsewhere South African changes for the 20/20 on Friday, Mark Boucher, Jacques Kallis, Andrew Hall, Andre Nel, Makhaya Ntini and Shaun Pollock are all rested. AB will keep wicket and Tyron Henderson, Albie Morkel, Roger Telemachus, Robin Peterson and Johan van der Wath will replace the above. Still looks like a decent 20/20 side. And Ashwell Prince replaces Hendrik Human for the remaining two ODI.

Dravid

International Captain
Saw this in the news. Upset from the defeat, fans apparently attacked Kaifs house today and broke a lot of stuff in his house. Feel sad for him.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Interesting to see Indian fans burning effigies of one of the greatest batsmen of all time, Rahul Dravid today..

I was getting worried people around the world were beginning to take Indian cricket seriously..

Good to see Tyron Henderson getting a gig too, but a good selection change is marred by the inclusion of the second worst player in world cricket..

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Langeveldt said:
Interesting to see Indian fans burning effigies of one of the greatest batsmen of all time, Rahul Dravid today..
LOL, really? Where?

I would not be against neutering any guy who does that, seriously. But in all fairness, without the burnt effigies and the painted goats, Indian cricket would not exist.

Langeveldt

Soutie
silentstriker said:
LOL, really? Where?

I would not be against neutering any guy who does that, seriously. But in all fairness, without the burnt effigies and the painted goats, Indian cricket would not exist.
Look at the photo section on cricinfo..

V Reddy

International Debutant
Langeveldt said:

I was getting worried people around the world were beginning to take Indian cricket seriously..
They need to get a life... its like a part time job this one.. :laugh: . If only those fellas used their so called patriotism and free time in a better way, India would be a much better place to be in.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
V Reddy said:
They need to get a life... its like a part time job this one.. :laugh: . If only those fellas used their so called patriotism and free time in a better way, India would be a much better place to be in.
I have a theory: I think its like a cult made up of like seven people. And every time anything happens, they go to the store and buy effigies (buy three, get the petrol free) and go and burn them.

V Reddy

International Debutant
silentstriker said:

Also, none of these posters call Chappell a white devil, so therefore they are clearly substandard.
What a poster. Wouldn't surprise me if those clowns were paid to do so by local politicians.

Where are these people who hold the Indian Politicians in such high regard, when the money is being wasted on petty issues everywhere.

V Reddy

International Debutant
silentstriker said:
I have a theory: I think its like a cult made up of like seven people. And every time anything happens, they go to the store and buy effigies (buy three, get the petrol free) and go and burn them.

They get free publicity too... their photos are splashed on newspaper all over the world... instant claim to stardom...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
V Reddy said:
They get free publicity too... their photos are splashed on newspaper all over the world... instant claim to stardom...
stardom is not what i would call it though...:)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
This is really not fair to Kaif, they threw cow dung at his house during the 2003 WC too! But, atleast after that he made a 100 or 50, can't remember which.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
silentstriker said:
Maybe it worked. :happy:
Hopefully it works this time as well... But you know today I was listening to a Desi radio show. And today they were talking about the recent form of the Indian cricket team. Boy those guys really really pissed me off. Some said bring back Ganguly, some said fire Chappell, and some even said take Dravid out of the team!!! This really ticked me off, because these were ignorant fans who were basing their opinions on a load of garbage. So I called in and talked to the hosts and answered them with a piece of my mind...

Firstly bring back Ganguly on what basis, bringing back this bringing back that and firing Chappell won't solve anything it's. What will Ganguly do, what will firing Chappell achieve? Nothing!

The problem is with the work ethic and talent/ability of our players... and the only way that will improve is by improving our domestic set-up as said before.

Also, bringing back big names won't do anything if they haven't done anything special in the domestic circuit... bring in small names who HAVE done well in the domestic circuit instead (such as Gambhir).

Something else that REALLY ticked me off was that some Pakistani guy called in and said I am really ashamed of the Indian team!!!! IMO how ironic!

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
V Reddy said:
What a poster. Wouldn't surprise me if those clowns were paid to do so by local politicians.

Where are these people who hold the Indian Politicians in such high regard, when the money is being wasted on petty issues everywhere.
They exist?